Post your flatbed load pictures here

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by the gambler, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMH

DMH Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Is that good?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wow. I need to move on. Ive been where I'm at since '96. It is getting old. I really want a step deck and my own authority. One of these days. One of these days.

4. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I was wanting my own truck and step or RGN but finding out my wife is now pregnant and just bought a house I still have that dream but its going to have to wait. I figure go with the local gig and put up with the union BS. For the hourly pay and the benefits.

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I don't think I would want to work for a company that puts DOT into "shake down" mode.

GL AT

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  6. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Was it UPS or UPS Freight???

If you turned down a UPS package car driver position or wiggle wangon job then I don't know what's wrong with you. With a kid on the way and a new house to pay for, you really should have taken it. The medical insurance alone is worth the hassle.

And to be honest, if I could find a local job that would provide me with enough money to pay all my bills and be home every night, I'd sell this truck in 2 seconds.

7. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    It's all good. I was with QC for almost 3 years till they finally lost the account. So I had to choose where I wanted to work and chose Pape. Things didn't work out there and I went with Landstar. I don't see that as job hopping honestly, and since I own the truck, technically I have been with the same company since 2004 when I became self employed....myself ;)

Ruthless Thanks this.
  8. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    It was a wiggle waggon job. This is the same union and its 30 an hour and time and a half after 40 with full medical and dental and eye. I could not put up with the same thing everyday driving one of those things. Driving a concrete truck I can do, its more like machinery and its not going to the same places everyday. I was just once in a union for a couple years after HS and I hate the political side of it all. CANT STAND IT!

9. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I'm with you Milskired, I drove for a couple of union places (steel workers union) and it sucked. The place I just got hired the man told me had 9% turnover so I was happy to hear that and they have really good benefits which I haven't had in 2 years. I hope that this is the last job I have to hop to...Now that I bought a house and got married I need that stability.

10. Gambi80

Gambi80 Medium Load Member

Just do what I do and ignore it....pay the dues, throw the literature in the recycling bin and go about your day.

I would've been laughing all the way to the bank and to retirement at 55 with that job.

American-Trucker and SHC Thank this.
  11. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Thays what im going to do. Im a hardcare conservative so yeah that should say it all. And for those of you, ill post a pic tomorrow of my genie/terex load tomorrow that i picked up on north bend washington.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.