Pre Paid Legal Service

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by MGASSEL, Jun 2, 2007.

1. nofilter

nofilter Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    WA
    I would love to know who you all use?
    I wanted to get something for us, just finding their website is not good enough. I am looking for references.
    VULCAN1999: do you have them do your taxes? or is it just a coverage?
    I am also looking for TAX attorney/accountant.

Great info! I hope you guys are all still on here and can answer my questions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nofilter

Nov 21, 2012
    WA
    IN the hope that some of you are still around to respond:

@rdkatwell: Who did you use?

@notarps4me: Who do you have?

@Brickman: Definitely better ... Who are you using?

@dynosaur Really awesome!

@dynosaur: Make sense, especially that we drive so many states, it would be highly inconvenient to have to go back to a far away state even If I only get one ticket every 2 years

@Roadmedic Now that's funny!

Thank you all for sharing

4. nofilter

Nov 21, 2012
    WA
    I found 2 TVC legal plan, I do not know which one you guys talked about but the http://www.truckersvoiceincourt.com/
    said: "This is the only service that Pays up to 100% for CDL Traffic Ticket Defense Attorneys to Fight"
    and " we are the only company that can cap off your legal fees up to 100% for you and spouses traffic ticket representations opened before the first court dates."
    This means they might pay 100%. or You MAY END UP with a large attorney bill.............
    Something to think about........

the other TVC is: http://www.tvcticketfighters.com/
    I have not read too much about their plan.

I also looked into : https://www.driverslegalplan.com/
    they are up front with $100 for ticket & $250 for simple accident at $13.50/month
    don't know what a NON simple accident would be like, but so far they are up front with the charges mostly.
    in the end if you don't get ticket, this is the cheaper alternative by far except for spouses, cause if both are cdl driver, you can't be on same plan.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  5. truckersjustice

truckersjustice Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN

nofilter Thanks this.
  6. truckersjustice

truckersjustice Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Burnsville, MN
    I am an employment attorney for drivers and do not handle tickets. I recommend that drivers participate in a prepaid legal plan for tickets. I am somewhat familiar with Jim Klepper. He enjoys an excellent reputation.

nofilter Thanks this.
  7. crazybread

crazybread Medium Load Member

Jul 30, 2015
    What is the best prepaid legal to get for being a truck driver?

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    None. Stay at the speed limit and do a walk around on your truck every time you get back in. For the very rare times you will need it after that, just look for a local lawyer at that time.

nofilter Thanks this.
  9. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I'm going a different direction on this, old thread but for anybody reading now. Having access to a defense is NEVER a ripoff if it's an ignorable amount.

I worked for myself for over a decade before driving doing telecom work. NEVER had a claim, my last week with a company I was running some cables from a satellite dish through an attic and broke a water pipe, first WTF was a water pipe doing in an attic? I dunno but I was in the attic of a 3 family house + their illegal apt in the bsmt. Needless to say a LOT of water dumped through 3 apts and of course the illegal one. Couldn't shut of the water because the meter was in the illegal apt which was locked so had to call 911 to get the fire dept there. From the break, to me trying to get to the meter, to the call, to the arrival and them breaking into that apt to shut it off A LOT of water ran top to bottom. I'm no math genious, but my $50 something a month I paid was pretty worth it because all that water did $65,000 in damage when it was all said and done!

How much damage can you do in a truck? Everybody goes right to the tickets, how about drive over something, into something or god forbid kill someone! Think you can afford that? Even if your found not responsible for any criminal case your life can be destroyed in civil cases and your company won't help you with that!

I have Legal Shield's package for Commercial drivers but will be looking into that cheaper one mentioned above since I'm a cheapskate but it's NOT a bad idea!

nofilter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.