Pre work screen- physical fitness

Discussion in 'Crete' started by 1nonly, Oct 17, 2011.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    People who have to perform this PWF Test have to remember that they don't have to race through it. Technique and pacing are very important. That's one reason I actually practiced a little before having to do the real thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    I have a huge problem with this test, where women are given the same test as men. We are built different, don't have the upper body strength as a man, and to be honest, our body is not made for this. Repetitive heavy lifting can cause prolapse of female reproductive organs and the uterus.

The Military recognizes the fact that we are built different from men, but in the trucking industry we are considered unfit if we can't perform the often very unrealistic lifting tests. I won't unload a whole trailer with 50 lbs boxes anytime in my life.

I don't know if there is anything we can do to fight this, but I don't think it is fair to expect me to have the same upper body strength as a man. I am not weak, but I will never be as strong as the average guy.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    48Packard Thanks this.
  4. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    You make a very good point! But you have never been knocked to the floor by an accidental right hand to the nose by my ex, either!:yes2557:

....and I don' wanna talk about it....

5. mattfield80

mattfield80 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Kernersville NC
    well i just called kenans headquarters and spoke to a lady in safety. I asked her if there is an additional pre work screen along with the regular dot physical and drug screen. She told me they used to do it and practically everybody passed so they dont do it anymore. Just the regular ole drug test and physical. She said they were not getting any real return on the prework screen...so i guess thats a good thing lol

6. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    But you want to do the same job as a man, and expect the same pay?

7. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    They still do this at Lincoln where I went. They test your grip, ability to work in kneeling position, ability to push/pull and you must be able to lift up to 75 pounds to shoulder height. After you perform these tasks they will take your pulse rate. In my group we had someone fail the grip test and someone couldnt lift 50 pounds to shoulder height. They never got to 75 pounds. They questioned that test because they said they would never loead or unload but were told there may be an occasion when you are required to restack a load.

Oh and they simulate climbing into the back of a trailer. One more thing but it escapes me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.