Prepass happy happy fun time.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Sad_Panda, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Just thought I'd tell you guys and gals a funny "story" I've been inspected quite a few times in the last year, and guess what I learned. Only once has it been the officer sitting at the scales that had me come around for an inspection. All the other times, Prepass has been telling the scalehouse to pull me in.

Prepass.

You know, that thing that makes driving easier and faster? Yeah, it has been telling the diesel bears that I need an inspection. Last time it was with the CHP. Red light, pull in and the #### bear is waiting for me at the scale. I toss him all my paperwork, roll around and enter, another guy is there same thing. Guy is going through my paperwork, finds out the truck is #### near new. I inform him of that fact and that it only has (under 40,000 miles on it) and he looks all confused. The other driver getting the once over says "That's nothing, this one only has 5,000 miles on it!" Then the officer says something like "Why did prepass tell us to inspect you?"

Prepass redlighted us and told the officers we needed to be inspected. NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME! Wyoming, hit the prepass, get redlighted, told to come around, so I brought in everything. Lady behind the counter goes through everything. Notices a lack of BOL. "What ya haulin'"
    "Nothing"
    "Ah you deadheadin'"
    "Nope, bobtail"
    She gives me this look like I just whipped out Mr. Winky right there.
    "Why are you in here?"
    "Got red lighted"
    "Oh hell, prepass said you needed an inspection, safety 10! But there isn't anything to inspect!"

I'm not saying prepass is the devil or anything, but it's #### odd that prepass is telling the bears who needs, or doesn't need an inspection!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    PrePass sends info to the scale house based on your companies performance. If you drive for a small outfit, average lets say 5 inspections a year, and fail one, that gives you a 20% out of service ratio.

So, my best guess is, their safe stat rating has gone down, therefore you get pulled in the scale more often.

I am sure you know that you can look this up at safersys.org.

4. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Would explain a few things I guess.

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
  6. Scuby

Scuby Heavy Load Member

Mar 10, 2007
    It might be due to your truck being new as well. Prepass does weird things at times. Sad Panda try letting 4 or 5 trucks get ahead of you when you go by a scale and see if Prepass has you go in. That works for me most of the time.

7. ed28560

ed28560 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Using the link given by Dna Mach, pull up the SafeStat page for your company. Look over to the right and look down a little and you'll see a link that says "Click to View ISS-D Recommendation." This is the same info that comes up on the scale's computer screen when you get scanned.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Another useful feature is you can look and see how many miles a company ran in a years time and the number of trucks they have. Using some simple math you can see how many miles each truck averaged per week, month etc.

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Much of the info is badly outdated or down right inacurate.

For example back in the day my brother's and my company showed to have multiple power units and only one driver.... wrong.
    Showed his OOS but NONE of the other inspections he and I both got.
    And the miles were even close to accurate.

10. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

I know for a fact-if you place a kennedy silver dollar- above the prepass, tape it to the sun visor, tails facing up,..You will ALWAYS get a green light from the scale master !!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.