Prepass surprise

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Lite bug, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    One of my customers has pickup and drop off at a steel mill in Pennsylvania. The last time I went over there they had closed down the tollbooth, and electronic licenses plate reader recorded toll there. The toll is almost double since it became automated. The prepass instructions are confusing. It appears we may be to heavy for a personal transponder and not enough business for a commercial prepass. I am registered under 26,000 lbs. as a combination vehicle. The private pass ask you to be under 15,000 lbs. Any feedback from anyone running the Pennsylvania Turnpike would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Rates just went up again Jan 1.

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Upinsmoke and Lite bug Thank this.
  5. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I am sorry E-ZPass

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  6. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    I've never known weigh stations to be on toll roads...

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. SFTC

SFTC Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Looking into getting the Prepass with the Tolls, any information I need to know before getting it? Seems pretty self explanatory but I like to get other peoples opinion on it. My driver loves the Drivewaze but obviously it doesn't cover tolls.

8. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    I use bestpass for tolls and drivewyze for bypass.
    No complaints with drivewyze, works as it should for $18 a month and I get bypass 98% of the time.
    Bestpass also works but I end up having to go over every toll to make sure the correct toll was charged. For example I used the Verrazanno Bridge from Brooklyn NY to Staten Island NY pretty often. I am supposed to get charged as a class 7 and get charged $46.32 like always but a couple of weeks ago I got charged as a class 8 for $60.38. I let them know and they said I will be getting a credit adjustment for it in 2-3 billing cycles. Just don't like having to check so often.

I have no good reason why I didn't go with Bestpass's prepass. They send both the toll and prepass even when you just ask for the toll pass.

SFTC Thanks this.
  9. SFTC

SFTC Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2020
    awesome, thank you so much. I will run this by my brother and hopefully get a decision made sooner rather than later with this information

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.