PrePass user DOT inspections

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by AM77, Apr 19, 2012.

1. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Not sure if it is still this way but years ago when I ran into OR they did more level 3 inspections than I think any other state. Anyone who ran OR knew to keep logs legal and check what your speed was logged at. When you could find reports (haven't seen DOT stats by state in a while) OR had the lowest level of log violations. Heading N on I5 into OR from CA you had trucks stopped at the top of the hill with drivers checking logs.

Would be interesting to see stats on how violations go down in the coming weeks in areas that do blitz.

But then again, I am always amazed at the levels of violations during the blitz in June. Why a driver wouldn't be completely compliant when you can almost count on a level 1 is beyond me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I was stopped going into WA a few months back by the scale master. He had me pull around back and when I got inside he asked how far I had driven that day. I told him I left the OR area that morning and he said he showed me crossing the CA scales at the AM hours so he had me dead to rights. Told me that CA OR and WA were all hooked up together in a system and they had pics of every trucks plate that went across the scales. He then looked at my logbook and suggested I head tithe truckstop cuz I looked tired. I took his advice

Not sure if he was full of #### or just trying to get me to admit it but I didn't question him while I was there.

4. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Great news... I guess my return trip from Florida next weekend will involve a detour!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted