Preventable or Not?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by gentleroger, Aug 18, 2018.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I'm at a music festival with a fresh Cold Beverage in my left hand walking thru the merch area heading to the next act. I see a family walking towards me with little kids not paying attention. I lock up the breaks and get stopped, little kid swoops around me, not missing a beat. I start to take a step and a 20 something women talking with friends veers off course towards me. I try to get my right hand up to block, but she jostles my left elbow, spilling the Cold Beverage.

I'm worried that my company is going to call Party Foul on me. Is this going to go on my DAC?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Forget the beverage, let's get going with the little one...

//TEASING. Has nothing to do with real world. Im going along with the spirit of parody.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  4. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    Hmm....I'll have to ponder on this one.

x1Heavy and gentleroger Thank this.
  5. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
    Depends if they were lookers, if so no. Can't blame a guy for looking at beauty, while drinking a cold one.

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Who had the right of way? We’re paths clearly defined? Had you done a proper pretrip on the soles of your shoes to make sure you could stop in time?

If it happened on private property, just exchange information. No report filed means no preventable/non-preventable issue.

7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
  8. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    20 demerits for spilling the beer, one must be fully trained so a barrel roll can be done without spilling a drop.

9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I wonder if an IPhone could record a hard braking event or lane departure when walking?

homeskillet and gentleroger Thank this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yes, you will need to get a copy of your DAC, and then rebuttal that. not too many employers will accept the fact that you locked up the brakes, as that starts the recording. this can go down badly for you as an event of distraction. making it very difficult to get another job..

i don't believe that many companies actually read any DAC rebuttals, so for your sake, start filling out applications now. one company that may give you a second chance is,

https://www.carolinacargo.com/

i wish you well, and in the future, DO NOT do anything to set off the event recording......just run the summanvitches over and kill them dead.

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Need more info.

Height weight, hair color, looks on a scale of 1-10, best feature and worst feature

Her group of friends...all girls or mostly girls and a guy in the mix? Or guy/girl/guy/girl? If it was guy/girl/guy/girl and you spilled your beer, you're at fault. However, if it was mostly girls and 1 guy or all girls, that was a "Duck Pond."

"A 'duck pond', Six?"

A group of girls hanging out in a unit, is a duck pond. The duck pond is the support group of a swan. There's the swan, the pretty girl that get's all the attention from the guys. Fine as wine, but she has severe mental issues. Then there's the cute girl, she normally stays in the shadows of the swan, but that's the one you actually want to take home and introduce to your family. Then there's Homely and bringing up the rear is Ugly Friend...the brains of the group. She does all the thinking and relationship advice for the swan.

"Hey Six, who was the guy?"

Oh that was B!t@Hed, the male girlfriend, the only guy in America that gets along with Ugly Friend. Not gay, but not viewed as a man by women. He's one of those losers that hangs around after the swan gave him the "friends" speech. He still hopes that one day, she will recognize his qualities and loyalty and fall madly in love with him. That's his hope.

So, which one spilled your beer? It wasn't Ugly, because you dont describe Ugly as a '20 something womAn (you said women, a plural, speaking of a singular.)...you describe Ugly as U-G-L-Y. It wasnt the Swan, because the entire group would have stopped while Ugly tried to figure out if you did this on purpose to get the attention of their princess. So it was either Cute or Homely...my gut instinct makes me believe it was Cute.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.