Prime inc aka crime inc

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Darkstar45, Feb 6, 2020.

1. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Im not sure if they got good training.

Werner had great training. Not sure if werner still has good training.

That would be the appeal of prime if they had that.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    I've never seen a lease driver do $10,000 a week at any of these companies.

4. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Prime just shows you enough to get a CDL. They are so hard up for drivers they don't have time to train anybody.

5. Otr294highway

Otr294highway Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Remind me of my training days when I was with the trainer who doesn't give a s*** he doesn't drive. in my drive time is over and is time is for him to drive .
    He drive to 3 hours and then go to sleep. Because still we have To deliver this load tomorrow so I have to get up and drive another 500 miles after I already completed mine reminds me of that.

6. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Reminds me that you were trained by a BS company and therefore didn't even know that the trainer is supposed to train the student, not drive, because he's a trainer, not 1 of 2 in a team operation.

7. mantana

mantana Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2020
    Yeah the tnt phase is a 5 month waking nightmare. But if your trainer was driving on your logs you should have called dispatch/logs/safety anybody! Get another trainer. Sticking it out is worth it. Don't lease, go company out of the gate, choose lightweight, take home 850-1100 a week, stick out your year, get the cdl endorsements, move on.

You had a bad tnt experience with a bum trainer. That's half on you for not reporting it.

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  8. LAtrucker2390

LAtrucker2390 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2015
    HAHAHA!!!

9. poongdool

poongdool Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Every thing has been said about Prime on this thread is true. I’m on my tnt training at the moment 4/5/20. To those folks who are planning to sign up with Prime, think 400, 500x before you do it. 50k MINIMUM required miles! After you completed the 50k miles, you Become eligible for review for upgrade. Drivers will be selected for upgrade based on factors including equipment availability, service, safety, and performance. You gotta make sure this paragraph has to be clearly explained to you by your recruiter. 50k minimum miles is just the minimum requirement, your FM and trainer may hold on you to do more miles if they wanted to-not good. At the orientation, I was told I can choose what kind of truck I want, light weight or condo-this isn’t 100% accurate, they’ll lie to you. Going back to the 50k miles, if you get assigned to a bad trainer, you’re in the worst situation already. A bad trainer is: doesn’t know how to train, a af lazy, he’s truck is a mess and stinks, do not care for your miles completion whether it takes 5 or 8 months, use you as cheap labor by doing you drive 1000 miles and him drives only 500 miles on a 1500 dispatched total miles, pretty much you drive way more miles in every assigned load and you only getting 14cents pay or 700 guaranteed, and trainer who will decides what speed you should do, trainer does this to save as much money on gas.

10. poongdool

poongdool Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    BTW, I’ve started my tnt on jan up to this day and my running total miles is still merely 34k. Imagine how long it takes completing 50k. Now, I’d like to think others have different experience and completed much early because they got good trainer, runs hard all the time, didn’t get home time while training, or downtime because of truck break down.

11. OTRgeek

OTRgeek Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2020
    NY
    Some people might not think being in the truck year round is synonymous with not "having a life" as you put it. Some drivers may prefer it to living in a house or apartment paying bills for a place they see occasionally.
    You're equating your lifestyle as better than those that may not be interested in the "things" you feel make you superior. Honestly, you project yourself as quite judgemental of others in general. You may need boats, bikes and pretty shiny things to feel accomplished, but not everyone shares that desire. Keeping up with the Jones is so 70s cliche and all it really does is keep you in debt. If Mr. Brown wants to live in his truck that's his choice, does not make you better to look at that as if it were shameful and to call him "homeless". It's just petty for such a successful person such as yourself, don't you think?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.