Prime inc. No friends, No NON Family references, No Job

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by subjecttrucking, Jun 25, 2014.

1. subjecttrucking

subjecttrucking Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2014
    I didn't have a job for 6 or more months when i filled out for Prime in the beginning of 2014. I was about to go but i couldn't get the 2 non family references they wanted me to get, and have them sign on a piece of paper telling Prime, that they can vouch for me being unemployed. So i didn't go, well couldn't go. I told them i couldn't get them and asked if i could just use family but they said they wouldn't accept that.

Is this normal does every one unemployed need to get 2 non family references to vouch for their unemployment? Did i just get a bad recruiter, he really didn't seem to care and never answered the phone, i found out later that is the norm for all of Prime recruiters.

If you had to give 2 non family references did you just put family and not tell them? did it matter and did they hire you?

I want to go to Prime but i still don't have the references, if i fill out for another sponsored school will i still need need the 2 non family references, will i run into the same problem?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nshore harleyguy

nshore harleyguy Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2014
    NH
    I would of put family members who have different last names. I don't like to lie but sometimes you need to stretch the truth a little to get a head

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Shop around, not all companies are as strict as Prime.

5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    What?!!!? You couldn't reach Bob Smith at the number I provided? Well he must be busy.

6. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Man, that's a little much I think not getting the job because of that reason? You could've just put your family and "fudged" the last name ;)

zoekatya Thanks this.
  7. wyldhorses

wyldhorses Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    United States
    Prime is one of the craziest about this nonsense. Get a bum on the street, give him $20 bucks and have him come sign your statement with a notary. It's completely ridiculous they way they do this. And it's all a game, it's just a game, play along and you'll be fine.

8. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    I don't know about you, but if I were about to put someine in a truck and trailer worth what, near $200,000, and then put them in charge of potentially much more than that in cargo, I think I'd want to get to know them a bit before I hand over the keys.

FLATBED Thanks this.
  9. NewNashGuy

NewNashGuy Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    US and Canada
    You cant conjure up two old friends from your past to help you out? If not, go on on craigslist and explain your situation and maybe someone can vouch for you.

10. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Can someone at your CDL school be one of them? They dont need to be good friends lol. Even past employeer. Could you get them to verify? Past co worker? The homeless guy on your street corner would probaly vouge for you for 20 bucks.

11. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    Its a DOT/Homeland security thing. I had to do that when I got on at FedEx mainhub in memphis back in 1996. Had a three month gap of no job. Went traveling on my motorcycle for the summer. I was traveling alone but my friends knew. Had to get two to vouch I was unemployeed.

Same issue when I started driving. USA wanted it for the two month gap from 6yrs earlier. I moved back from Phoenix and started college again. Didnt work while setting it up.

Standard security stuff. Military does it to and has for I know 21yrs. Id guess longer.

Just get a cousin to do it.

And ive got to ask....

You dont have atleast two friends?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.