Prime INC.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Bucket, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucket

Bucket Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Norht Vernon
    I'm not one to bad mouth company's so ill say it like this. I am not happy here I'm on the verge of losing everything,my wife has threatened to take the kids and leave,Why NO MONEY!!! barely any HOME TIME !!! I am looking for another job and I would not recommend this company to any one,They charge you for everything including fuel for their reefer trailers! my fleet manager is a rude condescending jerk who apparently doesn't care about anything but money they say you are a lease operator however it seems like you are more like a glorified company driver,they don't seem to care about the driver nor their family/obligations in short I am not bad mouthing I am just stating how I have been treated and again I would highly recommend that anyone looking to drive for Prime should reconsider.

sordfytr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Celadon is a good company to look into

sordfytr Thanks this.
  4. redss

redss Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2008
    augusta, ga
    Hubby went to drive for Prime (under a lease) couple months ago. It has been a nightmare.:biggrin_25513: The paystubs are on average 7 to 10 pages long.
    He droped a trailer on Sat morning that couldn't deliver until Monday- they charged him $36. They have a fee for everything!

If you have plenty of money and time to waste- Prime is the place to be

5. Little Red

Little Red Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Greeneville TN
    If you guys had done your research you would have seen how bad PRIME is. Every trucking board out hear has nothing but bad things to say.

I know you have to take alot that is said with a grain of salt on here but when everyone talks bad it usually is.

As far as Celadon goes I personally would never work for them again. They do not stand behind their drivers they want you to pull over weight loads. And as long as DOAK the DORK is giving orientation you will be told lie after lie..

I was leased on to them in 2000-2001 they may be ok for a company driver but i dought it

6. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    Please
    Remember
    I
    Mortgaged
    Everything

7. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Doke is not doing oriantation

8. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    redss, if he knew he would del. early why did'nt he get the ?

a) del. day moved up

b)decline the load and get something better

c)just wait

d)as i assume he did drop the trl and get another load and keep on truck'in.

which prob. made the most sense to him and kept him moving and making money.

9. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Actually, I have read good and bad about Prime on several boards and it seems fairly balanced. The bad seems to come mostly from those who do not understand the operating model that Prime is offering. My understanding is they are allowing you to be an L/O in a situation where they will guarantee to get you the freight. They rent you the equipment (yes the price is high but compare the price to renting a storefront to open say a donut shop) to do the job with, take the time in orientation to explain how everything works and then help you along the way. You are expected to pay normal business expenses but the revenue is higher than other places. (Now that is what I have gathered from those who have spoken well of them.) In reading what I have read, I have come to believe that some are cut out for this situation with Prime and others are not. I have found, by talking to several individuals who know more about this than I do, that most drivers who say, "I haven't been paid in XX weeks from Prime," were actually drawing out their entire projected net income in advances. Maybe Prime should do like other companies and limit the amount of money one can receive in advances. Another post in another thread on this board has a driver reporting how he grossed $167K from May 2007 to December 2007. I have talked with a lot of current Prime drivers who have been with them for 10+ years and they say they love it. Maybe someone can clarify this difference of opinions for me.

10. redss

redss Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2008
    augusta, ga

This is the deal. He picked up a trailer that had damage-which had to be switched with another driver. The other driver was supposedly around the corner- 4 1/2 hours later he showed- hubby left with the load- dispatch didn't tell hubby that the receiver closed at noon. Originally the first drop would be Thursdayand the second drop would be Friday. He missed the receiver by 2 hours( got there at 2 pm). Had to sit on the first drop until 5 am Fri, which made the 2nd not deliverable until Monday. He asked about dropping the trailer after 1st delivery- dispatch said ok- he gets trailer dropped, pulling away- gets a message he needs to hook back up so they can moniter the temp of the reefer until morning-he did that. Did he get paid for all this wasted time??? Sure!! A whole $50. Then they charged him a $36 drop charge- b/c another driver would have a short haul.

He's already discouraged with all the crazyness that goes with running your own business little things like this don't make it any easier.

11. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    That is messed up. They should pay the reefer fuel and any other $$$$ for the trailer. All you should have to pay for is the truck and $$$ to run it.

I have seen good and bad on Prime and was real close to working their. Glad I went to work elsewere. Prime may be good for some,but not for all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.