Prime, never been insulted by employer before.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by RECON08, May 24, 2010.

1. RECON08

RECON08 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI
    Went to Prime Inc. or as they are really called New Prime Inc. first week of April in the lease program. Orentation, what a joke. your basically on your own with a sheet with times and locations. Never seen a orentation where they tell ya DOT and Feds are a joke and that you do what they say now the DOT or feds. anyway, so after about 2 weeks and not loads that pay, but according to them the loads paid 1.41 pm (loaded) but once you factor in 489 miles deadhead into it, ya, also you pay for reefer fuel. they don't even use DOE for fuel surcharge, running 3600-3800 miles a week only to get a settlement and be in the negative.

Now I cashed my 401k and took my big paycheck from last job to carry us thru on bills and feed us so i didnt have to get advances. Now I tell my dispatcher (FM) that something has to change or else. so we sit down with Mr. L himself( not Mr. Lowe), and have a chat. of course its a conversation of cicles with words to justify whats going on and that if i make even $500 take home that thats a great week with them. In other words, book you on frieght that pays fixed expencess and from there on, not even close to covering. so Mr L asks the wife, " do you have a CDL?" she replies NO.

He then asks why, she tells him, " I have seen what goes on out there and how drivers are treated even by those in dispatch on up and I want no part of it, its not what I want to do. I prefer to sit in pass seat and enjoy the time and ride with my husband." Mr L then looks at her and says, " your being stupid and sellfish(sp), you have no clue on what your doing to yourselves by not getting your cdl." then looks at me and asks if im willing to run team or train, I said no, he then looks at me and tells me then i wont make any money with them. hence, Im now at home looking for a new job. Because I refused to drive lease teams or lease train, I was starved out. I havent seen a paycheck since march. Now, my DAC. I never service failed a load, always showed up min 2 hrs before del, and had ZERO log violations, Yet they put on my DAC THEY let me go and that it was due to to many service fails, log violations, and refused to amny loads.

I refused 1 load because I was up all day, they wanted me to take a load and run it 565 miles and del the next morning at 7 am, and when i finally got them to tell me how much it was going to pay the truck, $400, thats including fuel and lumper fees. Now I get to sit at home and find a new job and some how get my DAC cleaned up. Now we see why that facility is so nice, you work for free while they profit. O, and if you think you get to do 34 resets, NOT! they will tell you against policy, that they will find hrs in your electronic logs to keep you moving. Been home week already and cant get one company to hire me thanks to these guys. prior to them, My DAC was CLEAN, I mean CLEAN. 3yrs OTR experiance, lots of central and west coast but have run all 48, winter, snow, ice, freezing fog, heavy rain, not a blemish, till these guys. O, and I stay out 6-8 weeks at a time to. before I forget, when I turned my truck in, leasing is tring now to charge me for repairs to the truck on things I wrote down on my inspection report before i sign the papers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Sad tale RECON, I hope you find something better. There are companies out there that can help you clean up your DAC. The really sad part about this story is that another driver will read it, and still sign up with Prime and wonder why he got screwed also. Companies rely on a never ending list of hopeful wannabees. Maybe drop a line to OOIDA and see if they have anything ongoing with Prime.

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Standby for a cheerleader to splain to ya what you did wrong....:biggrin_2556:

CntrySngr, jron619, halfburn and 7 others Thank this.
  5. RECON08

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI

I am a OOIDA member. I have been in talks with them. thanks to them im filing a report with the DOT hotline and they are going to try and help me clean up my DAC. your right though, some one is going to still sign with them after reading this. Im really waiting to hear someone try to even justify Primes actions and what I did wrong. I played the fuel game, I always took the shortest route, I know how to read a atlas, trucker one even at that. But when You get a load, that is 1856 miles total, and loaded is 1300, and line haul pays $1100, its costs due to mountains and 45mph head wind the whole trip $946 in fuel and your paid $238 fuel surcharge, and 3.00 for ref fuel that costs you 36.00, and tolls on top of it because thats shortest rout and only way in to rec, which I did cut out 6 tolls by running back roads and it was shorter, ya, where did I go wrong? O, I know, I fell for the dream and lies and allowed myself to sign up with these crooks.

6. Evilcapitalist

Evilcapitalist Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Aiken,SC
    The guy wasn't insulting you, he was just telling you that you will never succeed at Prime, Inc., unless you run with you spouse as a team, and all the money is going into the same bank account - WHICH IS THE TRUTH.

You can accuse Prime Inc., of a lot of things, but you can't accuse them of lying. They tell you upfront how much money you will make(which isn't a lot) and you think you can beat the system and you sign the lease anyway.

I signed the lease anyway, and so have hundreds of 1000's of others, who thought they could run hard and beat the system.

You were smart enough to figure it out, before you owed them money, so you should be happy. I am glad I quit, too, before I owed them money. Prime hasn't changed one iota, and they aren't going to, because every red-blooded American male has been indoctrinated that if he works hard enough, in America, that he can achieve anything. That is simply not true with Prime, Inc., but we all try it anyway.

Dont' beat yourself up over it and try to forget about them.

halfburn Thanks this.
  7. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

BrassDonkey won't be happy with all those lies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

halfburn Thanks this.
  8. jron619

jron619 Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    good one. :biggrin_25514:

9. RAILSPLITTER

RAILSPLITTER Medium Load Member

May 2, 2009
    Coronado, CA
    PRIME = Please Remember It's My Equipment

10. RECON08

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI

I don't see where any of thats a lie. Every bit is true like it or not. One can hide behind all the lawyers one wants to, but in the end, you will answer for your wrongs like it or not.

11. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I think this is a good warning for any driver considering going to any company that doesn't pay the full DOT fuel surcharge on all dispatched miles, including deadhead. Fuel costs can and will eat you alive.

Same thing with tolls and reefer fuel. If the company you are considering working for doesn't pay all tolls and all reefer fuel, drop them from consideration. There are ones that pay for both, and that use the full DOT FSC as outlined above.

Good luck,

Jim

Beechvtail Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.