PRIME NEWBIES~Any comments from orientation?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Colonellookout, May 10, 2009.

1. Colonellookout

Colonellookout Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Chattanooga,Tennessee
    I have a friend who is starting orientation at Prime on 5/13 and he has asked me to see if I can get any feedback on what orientation is like in Springfield,MO. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I went thru it as a lease op. It was the most disorganized one I have been too. They passed out a schedule to follow. Problem was there was more than one schedule. They say don't be late, but some schedules said to be in one room at such and such time and other schedules had different times and room numbers. Also they passed out a study guide for the tests, but they passed out different versions with different answers. To me it seemed they lacked communication in their planning dept. The people were nice if you could get them to give you a straight answer.

The motel and food was OK. The millenium bldg is nice and the food was better over there. I myself did not have a good expierience with them. Most of what I was told was incorrect or I was completly lied to.

4. Colonellookout

Colonellookout Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Chattanooga,Tennessee
    He's going co. reefer I think and starts on Wednesday. Must be a huge company because they told him that there will be 60-120 others there. Turnover still that bad there with this economy?

5. reaper73

reaper73 Bobtail Member

May 9, 2009
    spanaway,wa
    i wish him the best

6. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    I know its confusing, but the diffrent schedules are for the diffrent types of drivers.... Follow the scheudule you are given in the first class you attend... its easy and I'll explain

Some classes everyone attends... where the schedules differ is dependent on what classification you are... student, trainee, oreintation lease, orientation company, A seat Upgrade... those are just a couple diffrent types of people attending classes that day.

You get into trouble when you start comparing your schedule to the guy you met a breakfast or sitting in the smoking area or even sitting next to you in one of the classes that some, if not everyone, is attending.

Classes like safety, security, logs are the types of classes everyone attends... but there is no point for a student or company driver to attend a Lease Program class..... When the time comes in the future, if they want to Lease, they WILL attend the class.

Tell your buddy to pay attention, know exactly what his classification is, be in the correct room that first morning... they will pass out his schedule and he should follow it...

Listen to the Instructors for instructions, ask any questions he has to the instructors and dont pay any attention to the "know it alls" that try and tell you where they think you should be. If you are a student and this guy is trying to convince you that you cant miss the maintenece class that he is supposed to attend, he is wrong, you wont miss it when it appears on your schedule a few months down the road when the student upgrades.

I can think of a particular incident where two guys in my class, who were just students, hadnt even got their permits yet... were being told by a guy(who had his CDL and was coming over from another company) that if they wanted to lease a truck (which they did in the future) they had to be in that Lease class or they wouldnt get a truck.

Believe me, if you stick to YOUR schedule, and follow instructions, you wont miss a thing....

andertom, Ducks and txranger28 Thank this.
  7. godslove139

godslove139 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Lapeer,MI
    I felt the same in january,2008 went to oritation for prime....mine was in PA terminal...they are disorganized...and u better be able to pass the Duck Squat Walk Test.....Or they will send u home

8. JChors

JChors Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Newport, OR
    What in the hell-o??!!!

9. ductapensuperglu

ductapensuperglu Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Knox, IN
    Squat then walk while still in a squat position. MEPS does the same thing. Its purpose is to reveal any movement issues your body may have.

10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    anyone know how ducks walk? exact same thing my friends.

KH

11. 1breaker

1breaker Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Whats the standard in Midwest firms for when the newly hired driver typically takes the internal company driver's test? Got hired 2 weeks ago at an Illinois terminal (anon corp) and still no scheduled test for me - but 2 guys who came on after me got tested and are onteh road. Im coolin my heels and doing offfioce work - answering phones and doing junk in the office? After 16 yeawrs drivin for FedEx I thought being hired as a driver meant I'd be drivin. Pay is set at $17.00/hr. Is that good for a new driver? the warehouse guy makes $13.25 geeze.

anyway when should I start a stink abou this?

Pls advise

1 Breaker-Breaker
    Newbie HamBone:biggrin_25512:

Infofrog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.