Prime solo tody

Discussion in 'Prime' started by slick501, Dec 19, 2009.

1. slick501

slick501 Light Load Member

May 3, 2009
    stonewall, la
    Well I finishd my training with Prime and was assigned my company truck today. Decided not to lease at this time. So for everything has been as Prime indicated. I needed a place to start and Prime was there. Now waiting on my first load out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Congrats on getting to go solo! I suppose waiting on that first load is like waiting for Christmas morning when you were a kid....think it's never gonna get there!

Probably a smart move to decline the lease....I haven't heard too much good about company lease programs overall.

4. stackeddeck

stackeddeck Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Missouri
    Good luck, I have alot of different opinions about Prime. Hope you do alright with them.

5. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Good luck Slick501! This Oldnewbie... is green with envy - but my time will come!

6. wellgolf

wellgolf Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Boise
    keep us posted on your progress down the road, any info you can pass along would help all of us newbies out here.
    Good luck and stay safe.

7. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    That is great! I have a question, did you get to go home during your 4 months with the trainer?

8. TheTruckdr

TheTruckdr Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2009
    St Joe MO
    Best of luck to you. Have patience.Slow time soon. Going back to Prime as soon as my health improves. Make sure you are on the same page as your DM.

9. slick501

May 3, 2009
    stonewall, la
    I did go home but, it was under less than desirable conditions. My trainer and I were leaving Kansas City area when the QC went off stating student call home, emergency. I kept my cell ringer off when I was on the truck. I quickly checked it, 12 missed calls. Once I got my daughter on the phone she informed me that my son, age 27, had comtitted suicide. I ended up staying out of a trainer truck for a little over three weeks following this. Prime tried everything to get me home.But I came up with a better solution. And I was taken back after 3 weeks out, I was surprised to say the least. I supposed that they would drop me for some kind of a reason, but they stood by me. When I was ready, another trainer picked me up and I finished up my 60,000.
    I may be a newbie but Prime stood by me when I needed them.
    For other newbies, monitor post by U2, Ironpony and "we" will make it.

To all that read this, do not weep for me and my lose. I am working thru it as best as I can.

knighton5, Lonesome and DirtySideDown Thank this.
  10. slick501

May 3, 2009
    stonewall, la
    QC went off around 1pm for a load assignment. 550 mile, I can do that, accept load.
    1400 catch shuttle to Wally world
    1630 back to truck, every thing in order and in it's place
    find my trailer here in the Prime yard at SpringMo
    1825 go to line up, fuel. locks, paper work
    1900 pull out of bay, send live load( found out not needed since I was in the yard "secured" oh well
    start sending out a departure macro and my seat belt is snagged, I yank, pull yank no avail.????????????
    End up having to drop my trailer and going to t\:Truck: maint to have it repaired.
    So noe I will leave in AM with my first solo load

To Maint: hats off, your great
    To everyone else: Happy Holidays

11. slick501

May 3, 2009
    stonewall, la
    I was with SWIFT initially. After 6 days sitting, on a trainer truck we were nt getting 3000 miles a week I went to Prime. My only regret is that I went to a CDL school instead of the Prime CDL course.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.