Prime Truck uses Forest Service Road

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Chucktaylor, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    albert l, dtsc and Dinomite Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    I use my GPS everyday. .I also utilize a truckers atlas. . Common sense comes into play using the gps. Also, it's a truck gps not a car. .

In the settings you can set preferences. . No dirt or gravel roads. . No U turns. .No ferries.. no border crossings. . No toll roads. . Weight/height. . Hazmat. .

Buy a truckers gps and learn how to use it. .

48Packard and Wooly Rhino Thank this.
  4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Now you would think, that there was a moment the driver says to themselves. Man I think I'm screwed and then they would stop..
    Will be interesting to read how they get out of that mess and how much it will cost them..

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
  6. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Sure, you make fun of the guy, but think about how much $ he might save not paying the per mile tax in Oregon by running on federal land. And anyway, if winter conditions are a problem, spring will be here before you know it. Hope its not perishable. I have ended up in some odd places, but I never found myself deep in a forest. I think if I did that , I would punch myself once or twice.

7. Triad

Triad Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I use a plain old car GPS for my navigation purposes. Well, the Google Maps app on my phone, to be exact. I've never gotten in to trouble because I treat it the same way I would treat a drunk guy in the back seat giving me directions if I were a cab driver. No trust. I examine the route in full before I take it and if it so much as thinks about taking me on any road that isn't a number, I double-check and triple-check it. I won't even think about taking the road unless I know it's a good road for a truck with no bridges under 11'6" or whatever I happen to have on the deck. If it tries to take me somewhere I want to go, I work out the way around it and ignore what it tells me to do until it catches up with what I want to do. In essence, I only really use the GPS to get an idea of how many miles and how much time I have between A and B and C and such. I do my own navigation and the GPS just plays the part of the eager, but inexperienced sidekick.

Don't let some machine tell you where to go. Make it show you where you want to go and you're good. That's why I wish there was a GPS that would let you specifically program in your own route instead of just trying to find one for you. All I want is the mileage and a rough estimate of my ETA.

8. mizdageeragn

mizdageeragn Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    almost there
    There really are valid reasons why some people really should not be driving a big rig. This post and picture proves it beyond ANY doubt. Now everyone knows why I give so many Prime seat holders such wide berths.

Joetro Thanks this.
  9. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    They must have to put the tire chains on to back out or keep on going?

10. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    He was looking for Goldy Locks and the 3 bears..

11. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    I just want to see
    A: How they get it out of there and
    B: How much it costs

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.