Prime trucking school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Youngtrucker19, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Youngtrucker19

Youngtrucker19 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Does anyone know if prime inc. provide housing while training, what's it cost, and how much do they pay while training?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jk72180

jk72180 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Cedar Hill MO
    Go to the prime forum under company dac reports. Everything you want to know is on there.

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    This thread will probably answer most of your questions... start at no. 1 and work your way through it.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...27-new-prime-inc-what-expect-springfield.html

We put students up at the Campus Inn... your stay there is covered by Prime, along with meals. Classes are held there as well. In the evenings your meal card is good at the grill in the terminal, and there is a shuttle bus to get you where you need to go. It does help to have some cash with you, or a debit card so you can use the ATM to get at your funds in a bank.

You're not hired on as an employee until you earn your CDL after the PSD instruction course. When you are assigned an instructor and get your fuel card, they will advance you $200 on it each week against your future paychecks that you can use for expenses if you need it. That is paid back at $25 per week once you are hired. Once you are in TnT training (with your CDL) Prime pays you $600 per week or 12-cpm for all miles whichever is greater, before taxes and deductions. That is guaranteed, as long as you are available for dispatch.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  5. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Yes, Prime puts you up in the Campus Inn during training, you are loaned 200.00 per week for up to 5 weeks while in PSD phase (until you get your CDL), then after that you are paid 600.00 per week while in TNT training.

There is a whole thread on this over in the Prime forum.
    Hope this helps you

6. simon sez

simon sez Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2011
    SEA, WA
    :biggrin_2559: I'd take either post #3 or #4's advice; take your pick, lol! Hey, great luck to you!
    peace
    simon

yeah, I know, they probably posted within minutes of each other-----just looked pretty funny to me

7. Youngtrucker19

Youngtrucker19 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Thanks I've thought about it and I'm going to go to a school and try out mavrick

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.