Prime's lease deal. The math gets done.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BigKid2, Jan 16, 2009.

1. IronFreakinMaiden

IronFreakinMaiden Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2010
    The way I see it, Prime will work for some and not for others. But you're taking a blind shot going in with nothing. If I knew then what I know now, I might have been more assertive. But when you know nothing, it's hard to be so.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bookworm

Bookworm Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I second that!

4. IronFreakinMaiden

Aug 26, 2010
    Which is I way i find it a little perplexing that when I stated my instructor did nothing with pre-trip, I get a Prime driver asking me "You couldn't just go out and open the hood yourself?" What? If all I had to do was instruct myself, I would have never bothered. These guys are fretting enough about the condition of their trucks. Would going out there while at a stop and just opening up the hood been the right move? Not with the guy I had, I don't think.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Just so you know this thread is under the report a bad trucking company. Not a GO Prime pep talk.:yes2557:

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Ya know it's whatever works for you. If Swift is doing it for you, more power to ya!

The fact is I make a pretty good living up in the northeast. Short runs that are currently paying well. But you really have to know how to buy your fuel up there - mac27 is for keeping company drivers out of expensive fuel stops - not making money on the lease side. I play it for the long game, so its wherever I can find the cheapest fuel in-route, and I fill it up. None of that waiting until after cut off nonsense. My FM also knows how to play the game - he's in it for his bottom line as well. U2's comment about "certain names always come up" - well he's right. There are a couple of FMs who are in management's back pocket, and sell the cruddiest runs to their board - I honestly don't know how they end up making enough money to live on at the end of the month.

So the bottom line is that it's working for me. But I really scoped it out BEFORE I stepped into it.

7. Bookworm

Bookworm Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I'm aware of that. I wasn't praising prime. The point I was trying to make is that I didn't see any point barking at each other when no one has posted any proof. I have dug out my settlements for the past few months before I turned in my truck and will be posting them soon. Technical difficulties. I'll get it figured out.

8. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Let's call it a soap opera

Name suggestions ?

Mine is :

As the CRIME turns

9. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    I don't really feel like getting into this pissing contest at all. So I'm not going to throw my numbers into it. However, 90% of students failing their pretrip the first test? Not anywhere close to accurate. I've been an instructor here for over 2 years. I've never had a failed pre-trip, and seen less than 10 failed pre-trips in all the time I've been on the pad. If I had to put numbers to them, I'd say the pre-trip has a 90% PASS rate on the first test, and the backing probably has the worst pass rate on the first go. (I've only had one failed backing test, he passed the next day).

10. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Don't worry about it sazook... these guys only have the stones to hide behind a keyboard and throw mud.

11. IronFreakinMaiden

Aug 26, 2010
    That's not what I was told. And I was told that by an FM.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.