Prince Corporation Marshfield, WI

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by potter3438, Feb 7, 2015.

1. potter3438

potter3438 Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2011
    I was a driver for this company for almost 3 years. This is my story of the dealings with this company. Others ( a lot ) had the same experiences I did and left way before me.

Prince Corporation is based out of Marshfield, WI. They are a daycab ltl distributor of lawn and garden, agricultural, animal feed and supply products. They cover WI,MI,IN,OH,IL,MN,IA.

This company was and always will be a revolving door for drivers. When I started the pay was 14.75/hr. I left at 16.25/hr. The pay increase was not because of performance or any type of bonus. They increased the pay because they needed to hire drivers. The problem with this company is that they buy used crappy equipment. The mechanics (the title is all they really have to do with it) rarely fix things. Changing tires and lights are about the only thing I ever saw them do there, besides play solitaire of the company pc. They lease several International Pro Star models but the lease company doesn't fix them either. So almost every truck is crap. Heaters don't work, doors won't open/close the list goes on. I guess when you break it down they are no worse then any other trucking company. On the other hand when you have drivers making deliveries in equipment that should be sold for scrap and wondering why the repair bills are so high when road service has to come out to them on the road and tow them to the nearest junkyard, where is the line drawn? Spend money to buy newer better equipment and keep morale, drivers, customers happy?? or continue buying crap and losing customer base for drivers not making deliveries because of breakdowns on the road.

Their biggest gimmick right now is Drivers, work 4 days a week, no weekends pick your day off. Give me a break. Drivers will apply under this lie and when they find out that Prince does not care about driver morale, they will soon be out the door. Prince cares about only 1 thing. Nothing. Plain and simple. As long as the company makes money, everything else is second. I left because I got tired of driving vehicles that the DOT would deadline on the spot and when I switched over to dispatching for them, I got sick and tired of having a transportation/safety manager who had no idea how to do her job, try and micromanage my job. Being a driver, I always hated having the drivers call and say that this and that need to get fixed ASAP and it never does. The funny joke was always Welcome to Prince. That said it all. If you live near Marshfield, WI please consider other places to work. I can think of several places that have better organization, communication and pay. Equipment is not a priority here so don't come here unless you are ready to pay a ticket from the DOT after the fact that Prince throws you under the bus.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    One problem is drivers that drive equipment that is not fixed,... If no one drives it the company will find a way to fix it real quickly, but as long as drivers keep it on the road, it will never be fixed, my company use to do the same thing until we started refusing to take it out of the yard.... Drivers have a right to take care of their csa scores by law, if a light doesn't get fixed the load will not move, that gets their attention real fast and it gets fixed and stays fixed.... Same as pay rates if no driver wants to work for less $ all of a sudden the pay goes up,
    .... Without drivers they don't have a job but like I said earlier we have a problem with our fellow drivers bending over & flipping their skirts up for the company, this only makes it worse for themselves and other drivers.... Drivers are in a good position these days if we could wake them up, instead of letting these low paying welfare type companies continue to condition the way the driver thinks (dumbing them down) pumping fear into them and such... Hopefully these bend over babies will wise up and get with the program soon for the sake of themselves and all others on the highway this includes all families on the highway with the big trucks and even straighten out the mortality of the way trucking companies operate

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    They have a place near here, I believe LaPorte, IN? I thought about applying there a few years ago, glad I didn't.

5. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    I dont wear a skirt,but if I did and bent over and lifted it up I wonder how the breeze would feel up on my.......grrr I think I'll get I kilt ..

6. potter3438

Jul 4, 2011
    I have fellow drivers that pulled that same thing, truck is broken and they wont fix it so they won't take it and the general response was always, no other trucks available. Then if they continued along the path of saying no way in hell I am driving that truck, they toss you a pink slip and say have a nice day and when you try to get answers for unemployment or verification of employment etc. they throw you under the bus and make up a story to make the driver look like the guilty one.

unloader Thanks this.
  7. potter3438

Jul 4, 2011
    I went there a few times when I had to do a "transfer". Guys there never had anything good to say about the routes they did. 12-13 stops in downtown Chicago, they cover MI,OH,IN,IL, while working a skeleton crew. Poor ########.

8. Jaskens

Jaskens Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2015
    I drive for Prince, been there a long time. Prince like other every place treats you like you treat it. I know this driver/want to be dispatcher and without being mean and vindictive, I feel Prince is better off without him.
    I saw and heard some of the things that led up to his being fired and if it would have been me? I would have gave him his walking papers long before Prince did. Ever since he has been fired, life got better, dispatch got better, the new trucks showed up and everybody in the office seemed to have settled down.
    Prince is not a high payer I agree, but you are home every night and no weekend work. Some days are long, others not so long.
    Again, it is what you put into it.

9. potter3438

Jul 4, 2011
    The dispatcher quit on his own, they never fired him. The only reason I know is I spent a lot of time out of the tuck before I left working with the people that run the office. I do agree that things are slowly changing, some good some bad. My biggest gripe was the equipment. Mechanics were never there when you would leave at 4am or 5am for a route and wasted your day waiting for them. I wish Jay would have used his money more wisely and purchased better trucks and trailers by listening to the drivers. The pattern I saw before I left was that when the new stuff came in, instead of selling the junk they would ship it off to the Neillsville office and have them use the stuff. They think the whole out of sight out of mind thing works and it doesn't. I wish you the best of luck with them. Hopefully Cheryl doesn't mess things up for you.

10. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    This statement right here totally destroys your credibility here. What does him getting fired have anything to do with getting new equipment? Company shill alert!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.