Priority 1 Inc & Rock City Logistics - #NOT

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by trucking.shine, Sep 19, 2018.

1. trucking.shine

trucking.shine Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2017
    On Monday I had a truck delivering in ANOKA, MN and had to bring him down to FL so the Driver could take a break from the Road.
    Looking around Load Boards yesterday, I found a Load posted that was going from BRAINERD, MN to OCALA, FL. At first, I passed the load because I thought that if I divided the trip in two, I could get more money for the Truck. After a few minutes, I saw the same posting edited with a Rate on it. It was $3,900 for 1,600mi, not a bad Rate for my current average, and with the empty miles, I was at $2.35 x mi, so I thought it was a good deal. I called the Broker and closed it for that rate.
    After that, I did all the setup, and paperwork needed and got the Rate Confirmation for the load picking up today. Everything was good until we were heading for the pickup...
    The Broker called me and said they had loaded another truck earlier with our Load by mistake and that it wasn't available anymore. So they were sorry, but there wasn't anything they could do about it.
    After a little bit of rage on them, it was evident that they had screwed us and we had to look for another load.
    When reviewing with my team what happened, we noticed that they put the Load up on DAT without the Rate, later Edited with a Rate (that's when we "booked it"), and a few hours later they Re-Posted it with a cheaper Rate. By this time another Carrier must have grabbed the Load, and the Broker made a few bucks more.
    I don't understand how short sighted some people are in this industry and life. Not seeing that this kind of attitude and way of working damages the industry and generates more wrong than right. To make $100 more on one single load, PRIORITY 1, INC. & ROCK CITY LOGISTICS, are screwing decent companies and truck drivers out there, that could only lead to more mistrust and negative review to BROKERS in general. They just don't see the big picture of their actions and how stupid that move was.
    Lucky for us we found a new load going to SOUTH CAROLINA that paid $3.23 x mi including empty miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Did you have TONU listed on the rate con? If not, you should have.

trucking.shine Thanks this.
  4. trucking.shine

trucking.shine Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2017
    No, I didn't @SteveScott. But I learned the lesson.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

SteveScott Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.