Pritchett Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Trashtrucker1265, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    For those that have any interest, some of the older posters here are aware of my journey with Pritchett over the years, I actually left for a while as I kind of figured out my own “crap”, but tomorrow marks my 5 years being back with them. That’s a hell of an accomplishment for me, I’ve been through a divorce and a lot of growing up over the years and I’ve really found my place here, the pay isn’t the highest but I’m treated fairly here, get a full 48 at the house every weekend, drive a new truck every 2 years and having a working relationship with my dispatcher that consists of 2 simple phone calls per day “I’m loaded”, “I’m empty”. Nothing new to report other than that, simply a milestone in my career that I take some pride in, I’ve never shown longevity like this in my 17 years of trucking, feels good to gain some maturity within myself, and a carrier to boot. Safe travels.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Well I hit my 6 year mark being back, hasn't been a post to this thread in a year :) Years ago when I first started it, I was actively posting and it peaked some interest, now my once a year post is to simply remind myself of how long I've been back. So with this 6 year run, and the 3 and a half years or so prior, I'm coming up on 10 years here. Not much has changed, I transitioned off the road back in early spring, I'm still driving my sleeper anthem pulling an end dump, but I get to go home every day now which is nice. I stretch my legs though, I'll run up around Macon, and out west in to the panhandle, and deep south Florida. Earnings are OK, I'm not getting rich, but I still like it here for the most part. I'm older and find myself more stubborn, I put up with the lows of the job quite often, but I'm very hesitant to change, I've been around the game long enough to know there's plenty of lies out there, at least I know what goes on around here and the money deposits every week. Until next year, everyone stay safe.

4. jackindixie

jackindixie Bobtail Member

May 19, 2019

5. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    7 years later and I’m still here, been with the company for 10 and a half years minus a brief break between 2011 and 2015. Nothing much to report, after 20 years of trucking I’m growing tired of it quickly in this past year, I really need to find something to refocus my desire to do this job anymore, it’s really not the same out here anymore after covid, especially running Florida as much as I do, I swear our population has increased by 50% or more, mainly in south Florida, and none of them seem to work because I’ve never encountered traffic like this, on any given day at any given time, in all my years of doing this.

Either way, nothing more than my yearly check in, hooray for me for lasting another year, let’s see what next year holds :) 1DF585D7-D25B-41D8-BADD-9F4AB1210370.jpeg

jbatmick, 88 Alpha, Lonesome and 7 others Thank this.
  6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Good to see your update. You escaped Southwestern PA and I’m still here. LOL I started dating a girl from NC in 2013 and made her move up here. Now she doesn’t want to leave. If I could only go back in time…….

7. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah @JoeyJunk i left in 2014, honestly I miss it a lot though. We have a run that goes up to New Galilee almost weekly. I miss my days at Valley Bulk, life happens though, and that’s not always a bad thing. Thanks for checking in. @ThomasTrucker21 im good for now, but if things ever change I’ll hit you up.

ThomasTrucker21 Thanks this.
  8. Flattop23

Flattop23 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2022
    North Florida
    I want to know about the chip van division at pritchett can someone tell me about it how many hours do you have to work and the pay rate

9. Trashtrucker1707

Dec 30, 2017
    Depends on where you live, we service mills in Palatka, Lake Butler, Maxville, Jacksonville, Perry, and Cross City. Each mill has a different rate assigned to where you're going, and not to sound like a smart A, but trucking is in our name, assume at a minimum you're going to work your 11/14, some of our trucks that don't leave the state are on the 12/16 clock. It's a job, they expect you to work, and chips aren't the best paying thing here, but you can make a living.

10. Flattop23

Flattop23 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2022
    North Florida
    So what's the best paying division at pritchett

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.