Pro star intl 08 odometer stuck in km's

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Robbman, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Robbman

Robbman Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011
    How do i switch it back to miles?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dutch

Dutch Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Commiefornia
    hold down the trip reset

4. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    You have to go back to Canada and come back into the USA again, and them hopefully it will change that time! :biggrin_25526:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

5. Robbman

Robbman Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Ok i just got back from canada and tried the trip reset knob, still nothing. Ive always wanted to drive a truck in australia, maybe ill ship it over there and give it a try.

6. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    I would NOT try that, you might end up with the steering wheel on the wrong side!

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The micro switch inside the cluster for the reset knob is probably messed up. Try to press down with the cab really cold, or really hot, and try hold it with different pressure to see if that switch will register.

8. Scrapper

Scrapper Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Nashville, AR
    Not same thing...but we have an international...99 model Eagle...that the odometer will not read on...says "error". Speedo/ Tach and everything else works. Connections and circuit boards all seem to be good. Didn't see any broken solder joints or burnt spots. We have been using a hubometer...and its hard for the driver when going from state to state with the others....when he has to stop and they don't. Have any of you ever run into this?? Why couldn't international use a speedo and tach like a Kenworth. Fixed two of them today. lol

9. Shaggy76

Shaggy76 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Remove the plug to the ECM. Wait approx 2 minutes and plug back in. It should be back on miles. Other option is remove the big fus on the battery. That is ECM protection fuse. Take a shower or something and come back. Give it time for the ECM to lose all power. It will do it then as well.

Let me know if this helps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.