Pros & Cons of Volvo truck

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by dashaker, Aug 26, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am NOT a internet trucker. I have driven a 89 volvo in the worst of winter and by god what a monster, we got that dedicated glass through to Baltimore GM from Kentucky that winter with it REGARDLESS of storm conditions 3 feet snow? COOL let the kitty have at it with lockers in.

I drove many volvos since then until about 1998. ALL of them needed this, that, something else and so on. One 1994 volvo accumulated 48 items needing shop support back in company HQ after 5 months plus on the gulf coast strictly chain one way and pipe the other on I-10. Break break break.

They were NOT bad volvos. But if I had to choose any of them with cash money, it will be a brand new virgin 1989 E body steel built diamond interiors and so on. 450 kitty and all that. There is no point in looking at today's volvo that will get stuck and spin in 3 inches of wet snow.

That west virginia in the teeth of winter during 1989 was a hard teacher, No I-68 then either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oso

Oso Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    I don't see how a modern Volvo will get stuck more often than any other truck. If you're worried about an amt, get a manual then.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.