PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Probation is over. Got my union paperwork to join.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Congratulations. Just don’t steal any mail and you’re in for life.

nycusps Thanks this.
  3. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    Yes. Met a former driver who was caught multiple times being drunk at work. He went to rehab and was eventually moved to another department after saying the stress of the job made him drink. Not fired.

LTL2PO Thanks this.
  4. LTL2PO

LTL2PO Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Last chance policy. Mike Foster talked about that in a mvs union meeting. 6 years in you will always have a job.

nycusps Thanks this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    It depends on how bad the infraction is. Stealing mail is a federal crime punishable by fines and jail time. We have signs posted EVERYWHERE reminding everyone of this. Since we're a federal agency, OIG and the Postal Inspectors get involved for ANYTHING that involves illegal activity or threats of any nature on Postal property.

As far as disciplinary actions, it all depends on how bad the incident is. Discipline must be corrective in nature, not punitive...and usually there are steps before removal is made. Usually it starts as a verbal, then a 7 day suspension, then a 14 day suspension and then removal. If the incident is severe enough, such as stealing mail or physical violence, you can be placed in IMMEDIATE suspension and placed in article 16.7 (emergency placement in off duty status) pending your PDI meeting and overall decision from Labor Relations, District and Management...before actual termination and removal is made. The Union can only help you so far, but they can't help you if you're guilty of commiting crimes on federal property.

nycusps Thanks this.
  6. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    I received brochures to order uniforms and they said we will get a debit card to purchase.
    Where is everyone buying their uniforms? I was told it would be better to order online than to use the brochures.

7. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I would ask some of your fellow senior drivers on what to buy and where. They've been there and done that...so they can recommend what's good or not.

Me personally, I don't buy anything from the catalogs online. Too many variables on size's. I would rather try it before I buy it. I go to my local uniform store that's licensed to sell USPS uniforms.

At my barn...minimum is 3 shirts, 3 pants and a light jacket to start, and whatever is left over on your allowance for maybe shoes and hats. The prices these uniform vendors have is highway robbery, but at least you're not paying for it out of pocket.

Shaximat and nycusps Thank this.
  8. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    Thanks! I will ask around to see where everyone else is shopping.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  9. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    I got a card in the mail to complete to add a beneficiary for life insurance. Does anyone know how much the included life insurance pays out?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  10. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I use Skaggs, I’m happy with them. First year allowance got me 6 shirts, 5 pants, two jackets and two hats. I did pay about $30 on top of the allowance.

We have a uniform shop in town but their prices are literally double what they are online so no thanks.

nycusps Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted