PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    I just was on the phone with LiteBlue staff who said I cannot sign up for life insurance (annual base pay plus $2,000) because a package they sent out in July said I had 60 days from my hire date (June) to sign up. The package was sent when they still had my address wrong in the system, no apartment number although my apartment number is on all application materials and forms. My local union rep said the life insurance is $4,000 but that is apparently something totally different.

Edited to add:
    The Union offers a $2000 policy for Life Insurance through NY Life Insurance company and a $5000 (not $4,000) Accidental death and dismemberment Policy.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    I will check them out. I went in too late to ask yesterday but will ask around today to see who others are using for uniforms.

3. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    My supervisor said to call back, which I did, and this second rep went through all the dates and mailings and determined they never sent out the benefits package at all. They only sent the state tax form that I requested, the PIN and the military buyback information.

4. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    HRSSC isn't 100% correct on all things. It depends on how knowledgeable the service rep is. I've called them plenty of times and they gave me wrong answers. You can literally call back the next day and talk to a different service rep and they'll give you a completely different answer.

If you have a Lite Blue account, log in and click on "My HR" and then click on "Benefits" and then go to "Insurance" and that'll show you all the links for Health Benefits (FEHB), Dental/Vision (FEDVIP), and Life Insurance (FEGLI - Federal Employee's Group Life Insurance) and it'll show a premium chart. Coverage is literally a couple cents.

You're suppose to fill out a PS Form SF 2817 within 60 days after you're Career appointment date for life insurance. After that, you have to fill out a PS Form 2822 (Request for Insurance). There's no open annual season to enroll for FEGLI.

nycusps Thanks this.
  5. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    I am waiting on my PIN to access Lite Blue. I requested it yesterday, again. It had been sent out but to an address without the apartment number. The rep I spoke with said they periodically open up FEGLI for enrollment, which is apparently wrong.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  6. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I had to google how to sign up for dental/Vision as well as print my own form for fegli. I also had no idea how much I made until I got my first paycheck.

For the most part, orientation and local HR is beyond horrible and essentially good for nothing as far as new hires go.

snowbird_89, Shaximat and nycusps Thank this.
  7. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    I've found that to be accurate. Every time I ask anything locally, they say to call the 800 number & they tell me something different depending on who I get on the phone. I learned more from this thread than anyone in USPS HR.

Shaximat Thanks this.
  8. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    It’s bad all around. Now let’s see how long it takes you to get your uniform allowance, we have plenty of guys who hit their one year mark before getting one. Once again, use the online retailers that give you 20% off for using your whole allowance with them. Starting out you need to get as much as you can because you won’t be getting anything else for a year.

nycusps and Shaximat Thank this.
  9. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    As far as i know, uniform allowance need to be processed by one of the main people in your VMF. I don't really know his position (higher then superviser) but once my 90 day probation period was over, this guy called me to get my SSN and told me that he was working on my uniform allowance. So, it is not done automatically as i understand, it must be submited. And, knowing how lazy those main guys are, not surprised that somewhere in the nation guys are getting their allowance after one year :) i got mine in about 1 month.

nycusps and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted