PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Jefrey0810

Jefrey0810 Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2019
    I already became ftr all the runs available were in tour 1 so it wasn’t a long wait for myself to become ftr we were 12 ptfs all became regular

nycusps Thanks this.
  2. LTL2PO

LTL2PO Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Wow. How many regulars do y’all have at your barn.

nycusps Thanks this.
  3. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    The old timers will tell you it’s always better being a top ptf than the bottom regular.

nycusps Thanks this.
  4. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    200+ MVO's 50+ PTF's (about 260 total)
    77 TTO's

5. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    There have been no bids in a couple of years. I'm told there will be a "partial bid" in about 6 months from the current bid. Not really sure what "partial bid" means. By the time a new bid comes up in a year, I guess I will be a the top of the PTF list.

6. LTL2PO

LTL2PO Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2017
    As they call it a shake down.

nycusps Thanks this.
  7. LTL2PO

LTL2PO Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Tell me about I’m the last regular at my barn far as TTO. The higher guys be watching my hours wondering how I get 4 ot everyday. Mess up start time nice end time. My end tour is right at dispatch time.

8. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Whew!!! That's a lot of drivers. 20% is the max amount of PTF's allowed in the MVS Craft...but that number also includes all of the PVS Drivers (MVO/TTO), VMF and Dispatch Clerks.
    Not quite sure how the bidding process for MVO's work, but I'm REALLY surprised there hasn't been any bids for years. TTO's get annual bids every year, and their considered part of transportations PVS Drivers, just like MVO's...unless MVO's run off of lifetime bids like Carriers, Clerks and Mail Handlers run off of.

PVS are the only Craft that have annual bids from my understanding. Letter Carriers are just like UPS package delivery drivers. Once you bid on a run, it's yours until you retire. You can bid off of it if another run is available. Same with Mail Handlers, Clerks and Maintenance. Partial bids I'm assuming will be for the new bids that the 20 PTF's will be getting...but usually whenever a new bid or bids is posted, it has to go through the whole bidding process from top to bottom. Same thing with whenever someone retires and their run goes up for bid.

hardge72, nycusps and Shaximat Thank this.
  9. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    It seems like we need more drivers, TTO specifically. Some MVO's have a class A but don't want to move to TTO.

hardge72 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  10. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    4 more drivers retired since last week. I may move up faster than I initially thought.

McUzi Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted