PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. hardge72

hardge72 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2019
    How can I check my application progress with the Post Office for TTO position I applied for? I've had an interview already. Thanks in advance.

2. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Login to your career profile and I think it will be under my applications or something like that.

hardge72 Thanks this.
  3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Well...we all knew this was coming. Been seeing a lot of these Amazon private fleet tractors lately......

5d9f45043b33a71f867b3a74.jpeg
    5db71765dee01974492299d2.png

BigDog Trucker and Shaximat Thank this.
  4. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    Hey postal guys, how busy are you this holiday season?

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Meh...about the same as last year at my barn. Crap load of parcels...crap load of OT and a crap load of trucks all jammed up fighting to back into a dock :rolleyes:

Anybody else drive the new tractors yet? They got SCARY power...IMO :eek:

hardge72 and Shaximat Thank this.
  6. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    Feel like not as busy as it was last year. Do you guys deliver Target packages? We did last year, but this year we lost it from what i know.

As for tractors, i went ahead of myself i guess. Since we got that one and only new tractor last summer, we still dont drive them , although other barns around do have them on the road.

And man, where is the new contract? :) Post Office...

hardge72 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    We did lose a lot of parcel volume due to Amazon delivering their own packages. That may be reason for it not being as busy as last year.

Target at my barn has always been a contract route. We did temporarily take over their run for a brief moment when we got rid of the contractor and waited on a new contractor to take over. It was posted as an unassigned route...no trip number or even on the scanners. It was basically OT work...but now it's back to the contractors.
    We put over 20k miles on them already. Wait until you drive one of these babies. A semi should not be able to accelerate that fast. Un-friggin-believable.
    I don't actually know when we'll get it. If I had to take a guess...it'll probably be sometime in January. I don't think we'll get it during Peak Season due to the holiday rush and christmas and new year. Only concern I have is the new Postmaster General we'll be getting at the end of January. The board of governors (which were selected by Trump) are the ones who will appointment the new PMG...and it's no secret that Trump want's to privatize the PO.

There's A LOT of changes that will be coming in the new year...for the better or worse. A new PMG. Possibly overturning the prefund mandate. Postal banking, and other things. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

hardge72 and Shaximat Thank this.
  8. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    I have not seen the Amazon tractors yet but was just out of town visiting family & saw gray Amazon Prime smaller trucks in Virginia. Family members said they've been around for about a year but I had not seen them in NYC.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  9. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    I pick up from Target in NYC.It's a huge store that also ships out packages.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  10. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Are those the Amazon delivery vans?

[​IMG]

Amazon know's what they're doing with these delivery vans to bypass DOT rules and regulations. They're not large enough like a 2 ton delivery van that UPS, FedEx and we use. So they don't have to abide by DOT regulations. That's why you don't see any 2 ton delivery vans from Amazon. They know how to penny pinch wherever they can to save money.

They're private fleet tractors are something that they just recently started. I got a coworker who use to work for Amazon as a yard jockey and he mentioned they called him up a couple month's ago to see if he wanted to work for them again. He passed on the job. He mentioned they paid around $23 an hour and all you do is shuttle trailers. Short distance runs from DC to DC. Home every night.

nycusps and Shaximat Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted