PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    I will let you know as soon as i drive one of those. I cant wait myself.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Yes, those are the ones I saw in Virginia but they looked gray. I saw an article that said Amazon staff were offered $10K and 3 months salary to start their own logistics company presumably using these vans. 2018 - Amazon launches a last-mile delivery program powered by entrepreneurs – TechCrunch

2019 with 3 months salary - Amazon offers employees $10K and 3 months’ pay to start their own delivery businesses – TechCrunch

Following news of Amazon’s plans to reduce Prime shipping down to one day, the company this morning announced an expansion of its Delivery Service Partner program, which now includes a new incentive that encourages existing Amazon employees to start their own package delivery company. The partner program, first announced last year, includes access to Amazon’s delivery technology, hands-on training and a suite of other discounts for assets and services like vehicle leasing and insurance. For employees, it now includes a $10,000 incentive, too.

The retailer says it will fund startup costs up to $10,000, as well as the equivalent of three months of the former employee’s last gross salary, to give the employees the ability to get their new business off the ground without worrying about a break in pay.

[​IMG]

Shaximat and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  3. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Apparently amazon is attempting to purchase an obnoxiously large building in my area, but due to codes its been a slow process.

Our letter carriers have mostly sprinter vans or a minivan. The standard LLV (in my area) are becoming less and less. Too many packages.

nycusps, Shaximat and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  4. jmz

jmz Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Midwest
    I don't know if this is normal or not, but on my street we often see a separate LLV just for parcel delivery, in addition to our normal letter carrier.

Sho Nuff, nycusps and Shaximat Thank this.
  5. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I’ve seen quite a few of the Amazon tractors but we have a couple fulfillment centers around here. We also have two different target DC’s and yep we lost that business.

6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Might of been a CCA making those parcel deliveries. The PO tends to use and abuse CCA's, especially around Peak Season, because they're "Non Career" employee's. CCA's are basically Letter Carriers version of PSE's.

Letter Carriers use to have PTF's back in day before they switched it to CCA. Pretty soon, all of them LLV's will be phased out eventually once the PO awards a $6.3 billion dollar government contract to build the new NGDV (Next Generation Delivery Vehicles) sometime in 2020.....

New U.S. Postal Service truck contract worth $6.3 billion may be awarded in 2020

On a side note...even though it's illegal to tip or give gifts during the holidays to a Letter Carrier because they're federal employees, tip them anyway. They deserve it. You couldn't pay me enough to do what they do on a daily basis. Much respect to those guys...as well as the UPS and FedEx delivery guys.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Shaximat, McUzi and jmz Thank this.
  7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Well...this is a first for me . I've hauled all kinds of different animals and insects at the PO. But never have I hauled a dead body :biggrin_25521:

It was cremated...but still...it gave me the heebee jeebee's :biggrin_1square5:

Shaximat and McUzi Thank this.
  8. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    How exactly did you know what the "contents" inside the package were? :eek::eek::eek:

9. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Cremated remains have to be CLEARLY labeled. After all...we are talking about a human being that once lived and breathed.

This video shows how to send cremated remains.....

10. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    We have an anatomical education program here in town. We’ll pick up a APC slap full of human remains.

Plus you get them occasionally from the stations.

• Draft saved Draft deleted