PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Wow, that’s interesting. I didn’t know it had to be labeled.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, you have to treat it with respect. That's someone's love one in that box. You don't want it treated this way......

snowbird_89 Thanks this.
  3. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    That’s one of the funniest movies ever. I’ve seen it like over ten times and still cry laughing every time.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  4. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Jim Carrey is one of the funniest comedians of all time. His fire marshal bill character has me rolling on the floor everytime I see it :p :laughing-guffaw::laughing6: :laughing5:

snowbird_89 Thanks this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    WOW!!!! The president has just been impeached. :tongue9: :tongue9: :tongue9: This will DEFINITELY affect who the new PostMaster General will be at the end of January.

6. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    Well, i'm 2.5 years in, and did this twice or may be even three times. I was shocked. I couldnt believe it.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    I was shocked too :eek:. I didn't know being a mortician was part of the job o_O

Makes me wonder what would happen if postal banking actually does goes through. Would I have to be an armored truck driver as well to make pickups? Or maybe send the Postal Police to do it, since they carry guns. It would stress the hell out of me if we were required to do so instead of an armored truck service. We've had a couple Postal Stations robbed at gunpoint as well as drivers and carriers. It makes you feel uneasy collecting mail at stations you know were robbed.

All I know is they better have Postal Police at each station if Postal Banking does happen. Or have us licensed to carry firearms :violent3:. Otherwise I can see us being robbed on a daily basis all over the country.

Shaximat Thanks this.
  8. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Quick question for the USPS drivers: generally speaking, how long does it take to hear back after submitting an application for TTO? Does veterans preference go a long way in the hiring process? I submitted an app for career TTO and took the exam a few days. I'm hoping I hear something in a couple weeks, but this is the govt afterall! Haha. Do the work schedules fluctuate week to week? Like one week you could do night runs and put in 60 hours then the next its daytime work and only 40?

9. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Practically every question you can think of can be answered in this thread. I know it's a long read, but make sure you know what you're getting into because I hate to see someone leave a job thinking the grass is greener over here only to find out it's not what they thought it was. You're gonna start off as a PTF, with no schedule, no consistent hours, maybe work 30 hours one week, 50 the next, day shift one day, night shift the next, and you might be doing this for years until you turn FTR. That's why the turnover rate is pretty high...plus the fact it takes 10 years to reach top rate.

A lot has changed since @Mike2633 started this thread almost 4.5 years ago (Hey Mike...I betcha you never thought this thread would still be alive and kicking after all these years lol :D). PSE no longer exist in our craft except to cover the "New Work", so most of the info in the beginning of this thread is outdated. It sorta morphed from a PSE into a PTF TTO thread instead. We'll also be getting a new contract soon and who knows what the arbitrator decided to do. It could be good or it could be bad. A new Postmaster General will be appointed...which was suppose to be at the end of this month...but she extended her retirement until the BOG decides who the next PMG will be. Most likely it'll be someone that Trump wants, which will be bad news for the PO. So all in all...there will be many changes that will be going on in 2020. Some maybe good...like overturning the prefund mandate...and some may be bad...like privatizing the PO.

snowbird_89, Shaximat and Mike2633 Thank this.
  10. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Wow! Sounds like tough sledding. When can you retire? Is it something like 25yrs service and age 60? I'm mainly interested in the position since I can buy back my military time.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted