PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ltzSupra

ltzSupra Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Wow haha. How many years have you put in at the PO so far?

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I purposely try not to give out information about myself for privacy sakes. That's why you probably noticed I don't give out where I work...because if management found out, I could possibly get in trouble. I've mentioned this a couple times in this thread that I'm still not 100% sure we're allowed to discuss how a federal agency works on a public forum. We are however a public service, so there's really nothing about us that's kept secret to the public. Sooooo....better safe than sorry :D

Shaximat and LTL2PO Thank this.
  3. ltzSupra

Feb 25, 2011
    Understood!

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  4. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Yes, that is true. I've heard people say we are "civil service" employees not federal employees.

Shaximat and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  5. ltzSupra

Feb 25, 2011
    If that's true, can you transfer your time to MTA or DSNY?

6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    No you can not. State and federal are separate. State tends to have a pension plan whereas federal has FERS. If the state has a 401k plan you can transfer that into your TSP. So time vested in either one cannot transfer over. You can however transfer over to any other federal agency as long as you are qualified. Your years of service carries over into FERS, but not your seniority.

Most likely if you went from state to federal and vice versa, you'll have both state pension and federal FERS for your retirement.

ltzSupra, Shaximat and nycusps Thank this.
  7. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Sho Nuff, ltzSupra and Shaximat Thank this.
  8. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    I got called in for an interview today. However, its not full-time! HR on the phone said everyone comes in part-time first. Coulda sworn ad said full-time but now that I'm thinking about it, I think it said something about 'career appointment' or something to that effect. It still has benefits and I can participate in the retirement program. How long did you guys do part-time first?

9. ltzSupra

Feb 25, 2011
    Apparently, you will become full time after all the other PTF(Part-Time-Flexible) employees in front of you (seniority) have become full time. For example, if there are 10 PTFs in front of you, you have to wait until all of them become FTR(Full-Time-Regular). Hope this helps. @Sho Nuff can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  10. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    ######. So is that the normal thing then? They bring people in part time first? How long were you part time before you made full time?

• Draft saved Draft deleted