PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ltzSupra

ltzSupra Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2011
    All this talk about raises, I decided to do the 2nd drug test and hang tight. Maybe I get lucky! Lol

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  2. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Virtual time clock, which I just started checking a few days ago, shows OL and IL (presuming out lunch and in lunch?). Is this automatically added? It only shows up for 1 of the last few workdays although I was not near the base to clock out or in for lunch. My hours aren't reduced but the lunch break was added just for the 1 workday.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Usually there's only 4 codes that every craft employee needs for the electronic time clock. That's BT (Begin Tour), OL (Out for Lunch), IL (In for Lunch), and ET (End Tour). There's a whole bunch of other codes that's strictly for EAS, clerks, steward time, union time, etc., but normally it's just the basic 4. Supervisors use what's called TACS (Time and Attendance Collection System) for payroll using the electronic time clocks. Any discrepancies in pay has to be immediately brought to your supervisors attention so they can correct it. If they don't correct it in a timely manner, you have 14 days from the time that you noticed the issue to file a grievance or you forfeit your right for backpay.

I wouldn't worry about that one day showing up for lunch break on virtual time clock. As long as your hours are correct, that's all that really matters. Anybody who's job is to work out on the road and away from the DC (which includes carriers - both city and rural, sales clerks, VMF VOMA, and PVS - MVO and TTO), normally don't have to clock out for lunch for obvious reasons. Lunch breaks will automatically be deducted. At my barn, nobody in PVS clocks out for lunch, unless they choose to do so if they are at the DC.

4. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    Yes, I've never clocked out for lunch since the training sessions when we were all on site and even then, we signed out for lunch since we had no badges. It was odd to see clock in and out times for lunch, but no, my hours were not changed.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. ltzSupra

Feb 25, 2011
    Any word on when the new tractors are coming into Morgan @nycusps?

6. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    I haven't asked.

7. ltzSupra

Feb 25, 2011
    OH that's right you're MVO I keep forgetting. Find out for me :)

8. nycusps

Mar 12, 2019
    We got new tractors last month.

9. ltzSupra

Feb 25, 2011
    Good deal!

10. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    We’ve got new internationals with 40,000 miles on them already. They’re taking a while to get some locations new tractors.

• Draft saved Draft deleted