PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Anybody who works for the PO will eventually here this quote..."The Post Office does whatever it wants to do". You're talking about a time period when the PO was REALLY struggling...right before Amazon and e-commerce was starting to explode. And because of the effects from what congress mandated in 2006 with the prefund mandate...the PO started spiraling downwards immediately...which started to change how operations were running and management had to cut costs wherever they can to save money. Plants and stations started closing down and being consolidated...and District and management started to create a VERY HOSTILE environment to try to reduce the Career workforce...all from a direct result from the prefund mandate.

Anybody trying to sue the Post Office will find out that it will take YEARS...maybe DECADE'S...before anything gets resolved. That's why a lot of lawyers won't even touch the PO. You're talking about a federal agency with unlimited resources to fight you every step of the way. It doesn't matter if they're at fault or not...they have U.S. Attorneys representing them that'll drag any case for YEARS...just waiting for you to give up. Going through the EEO process has to be done internally first through the PO's own EEO. Federal employee's have to give the agency a chance to resolve the issues and if no resolution is involved...then and only then can you take it out of the agency's hand and take it over to EEOC. EEO through the PO is a waste of time. The PO owns EEO and tends to side with management. They also own OIG...so Postal Inspectors tend to side with management too. Usually any type of resolution against management doesn't involve termination...just transferring them to another facility. Basically sending them to a different barn where they most likely will do the same thing over again. It's a rigged process that favors EAS...and it's probably better to go the grievance route than EEO...because a neutral arbitrator can decide the outcome...rather than waiting DECADES for an ALJ judge or EEOC to decide what will happen.

ltzSupra and Shaximat Thank this.
  2. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Anybody see this Frontline report about Amazon? This is some scary :pottytrain5:. They've become big brother and skynet all rolled into one. Anybody who thinks Amazon is just about e-commerce is wrong - wrong - wrong. They pretty much infiltrated every thing now. A trillion dollar company that's LITERALLY taking over the world.....

[​IMG]

BigDog Trucker, ltzSupra and Shaximat Thank this.
  3. ltzSupra

ltzSupra Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2011
    How will Amazon affect the PO in the next 5-10 years? Do you think runs will go down and they will require less drivers? The PO is my long term plan. I don't want to regret it later on.

4. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    It's not Amazon we have to worry about in the next 5 - 10 years...it's congress. The white house wants to privatize the PO. Whether this will happen or not depends on what the senate decides on overturning the prefund mandate. The house already voted overwhelmingly YES to overturn the prefund mandate 3 to 1...with a lot of republicans supporting the USPS Fairness Act. It was 2 senators that introduced a companion bill in the senate identical to the house vote that will decide whether the prefund mandate gets overturned or not. With 2/3 majority vote from congress...the prefund mandate will get overturned and the president can't veto the bill no matter what...which means that the PO can FINALLY have the abilty to operate normally without being in the red all the time.

Shaximat, ltzSupra and LTL2PO Thank this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Oh boy...things just got real. A USPS employee just tested positive for the coronavirus. I don't know about anybody else, but they've been posting flyers about this virus all over my barn. We've got a couple employee's walking around with dust masks now. Not sure how this will affect operations at that NDC...but if it's anything like what happened when we had that Anthrax attack...they may be shutdown for months now........

Local USPS employee tests positive for coronavirus

Shaximat Thanks this.
  6. ltzSupra

ltzSupra Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2011
    What are you guys working at USPS really making a week? I've yet to see some concrete figures other than "some of the senior guys make 100k". Okay what about the rest?

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  7. canthinkofanotherusername

canthinkofanotherusername Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Peanuts

Shaximat and ltzSupra Thank this.
  8. Grindtime109

Grindtime109 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Day 2 of orientation is over. Now I'm going into driver training tomorrow and the rest of the week. There wss someone else here doing orientation the same day as me how's that going?

Btw at my P.O., I'm the only PTF TTO. Seems like everyone is waiting for the new union contract so that they can retire. I've been told I came in at the perfect time by my supervisor and the union boss so we'll see how true that is

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  9. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Hard to say not knowing what deductions you’ll have. Average guy with a family opting to take medical/vision/dental/tsp etc. and working 40 hours a week?

$1200-1300 bring home biweekly

ltzSupra Thanks this.
  10. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    yeah that sounds about right,,,,

ltzSupra Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted