PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm always the last to know. Never purchased anything from them.

Sho Nuff and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  2. cmetrucks

cmetrucks Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2020
    I got my start date yesterday, I start on March 14th. 2 months from first day job was posted till start date
    2 questions, the website still has Offer under status?, and the second, do TTO's wear postal uniforms?
    Will be working out of the Denver Barn

3. CarHauler James

CarHauler James Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Congrats! Don't mind the status. If you have your appointment (start date) then you are good to go. You don't get uniforms till after your 90 day probation period. Then they will give you a card with around $500 to order uniforms.

4. cmetrucks

cmetrucks Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2020
    thank CHJ appreciate it, you already started right? how was orientations

5. canthinkofanotherusername

canthinkofanotherusername Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Are you going to be at the p&dc or the bmc

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  6. Grindtime109

Grindtime109 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Gonna jump in on this as well. They don't give out unis until after your 90 days. And you have 60 days from your HIRE DATE to file your benefits.

7. Grindtime109

Jan 30, 2020
    I'm thinking about transferring out there once I'm able to do so.how's it out there?

8. cmetrucks

cmetrucks Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2020
    Thanks for the jump in Grindtime, which barn are you out of?

9. Grindtime109

Jan 30, 2020
    I said it in another post. I'm in Pittsburgh. Idk if they were trying to sell the facility or not but they told us the conversion rate here is some of the highest for the PO. If you got any questions let me know. I just finished up my first week and my training begins Monday.

10. CarHauler James

CarHauler James Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Orientation was a breeze. 3 days of going through policies and expectations. then you will take a 3 hour computer driving test where it tells you about different driving facts. At the end you take a small 26 question quiz on what you just watched. EASY STUFF!.

The 5th day I took vehicle training on the 7 and 11 ton trucks. They have you do straight backs, offsets left and right, parallel park, and 90 degree docks. (3 of each exercise). If they see you need help they will show you some tips that make it easier. Then you drive around to a few Post office and back in the docks at each.

The 6th day was Vehicle training in the Tractor Trailer and this was exactly like the 5th day.

The tractors at my pd&c are all 10 speed manuals. These days are not a test really just to make sure you are comfortable in the trucks and to certify you to drive postal vehicles.

Since I had used mostly automatic in my career the trainer taught me how to operate the 10 speed. While it was a little hectic at first I quickly picked up on it and had a great trainer.

the rest of the week I went with the city drivers on routes to learn the scanner, po locations, and loading and unloading.

The next week I went to the mourning shift and did more routes and more training.

Today starts my 3rd week and I am still training all this week mostly likely on more routes.

All and all I am at a good smaller location and everyone has been really nice. Easily the best job I ever had benefit wise and I don't go home dirty so I am here to stay. You won't get rich working here but the quality of life, benefits and job security you can't match.

We move the mail so we always work. Economy be ######!

Good luck, I hope your barn is as nice as mine. I won't reveal my barn location for obvious reasons (You never know who's reading). I am at a PD&C though.

Sho Nuff and snowbird_89 Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted