PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I think this link pretty much explains why he hates the PO so much......

Why does Trump hate the U.S. Postal Service?

And it's not just Trump. It's also the republican party. They have been trying to privatize the PO for years. They're the reason why the PO is in trouble to begin with ever since Congress passed the prefund mandate.

There's A LOT of private sector companies like UPS and FedEx that would LOVE to have some of our business and they spend millions of dollars per year to the republican party to make sure it happens. But what the republican party doesn't realize...or should I say "choose to ignore"...is that WE'RE NOT BUSINESS. Never have been. Never will be. WE'RE A SERVICE. We're in the Constitution for christ sakes...and government politics and political favors should stay out of what we do for the american people.

alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nycusps

nycusps Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2019
    TTO training for MVOs

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  4. Brcatz

Brcatz Bobtail Member

Yesterday
    So if your a new PTF TTO and just got your 90 days in at your current NDC, Can you transfer to another location in same district that really needs drivers at the moment??

5. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Technically no. You need at least 12 - 18 months of service before you can apply for a transfer. It doesn't mean it's not possible though. It all depends if management agree´s to it on both ends.

Usually any available positions are posted inhouse first and within it's craft. Then it get's posted within it's district and then nationally on eRassign on Lite Blue. There's union policies on transfers whether its nationally, locally and regional. The PO also has rules and regulations that the union has to abide by through the Postal ELM (Employee Labor Manual). Even if you don't have a year of service, you can still submit a request on eReassign or submit a letter to the supervisor, manager, plant manager or district manager at the location you want to transfer to. There can be a agreed upon mutual transfer, or the manager or plant manager or even the district manager can agree to your transfer on both ends.

I would try to send an email or letter to the manager of transportation at the location you want to transfer to. If you don't know how to contact them, call up district HR or HR Shared Services and they can give you the contact information. I've known plenty of people who transferred just by contacting management at the other end. Good luck.

Brcatz Thanks this.
  6. Brcatz

Brcatz Bobtail Member

Yesterday
    Yes have a friend at other location working on it for me with Trans Mgr. Asking how I can go about doing transfer now. I would like to do it sooner than later since either way I would be starting at bottom of list.

My only question is should I wait to do it till after I reach Regular or not. Where I am at now I believe I can become regular sooner. Less drivers at current location and lots more turnover vs new location.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    If management agrees to your transfer...I would recommend to do it now.

Whether you turn FTR or remain as a PTF at your current location...once you transfer to the new location, you'll drop back down to the bottom of the seniority board as a PTF. PTF's are career employees too...so you can't jump over them. PSE's you can. PTF's you can't.

I know a couple FTR that went back down to a PTF once they transferred to the new location. You give up your rights to seniority when you transfer...but your salary will still remain the same.

Brcatz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted