PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    If you applied for a PTF or PSE position, you probably won't have consecutive days off because both positions are required to work any shifts or days that they are needed. Think of it like being a Casual/Floater/Vacation Relief/Extraboard all rolled up in one (although we are not On Call). You may work day shift one week and night shift the next, or you could be working both shifts during the week. Only Full-time Career have set schedules. That's why I mentioned earlier to REALLY THINK about whether USPS is something you want to pursue, because your gonna have to put in your dues for however long it takes to turn Full-time Career. It MAY be a couple months OR it maybe a couple years.

I'm not quite sure what PTF's or PSE's get as far as vacation time. We have what's called Annual Leave and you can use it as personal days or vacation time. I don't know the actual numbers off the top of my head, I'd have to look it up, but I think you get 1 hour for every 8 worked. New hiree's I THINK start off with about 10 days, but don't quote me on this. Full-time Career can have almost 2-3 months of vacation time if you use all your annual leave at once. Sick days are accumulated and it rolls over year after year and it can be considered like a severance pay when you retire because you'll get a payout for all your accumulated sick days.

AnthonyM757 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AnthonyM757

AnthonyM757 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Thanks Sho nuff, appreciate the detailed response..

I applied for a career position in Clevleland... Oh man do I hope I get it, I want out the beverage industry..

I know USPS prefers veterans.. Im crossing my fingers that they like my clean background and driving

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  4. saa07

saa07 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Sho Nuff, I have an interview tomorrow with USPS. Could you send me a message? I have some questions. Thanks!

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. AnthonyM757

AnthonyM757 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2015
    How long did it take you from applying online, to getting a phone call??

6. saa07

saa07 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2017
    The job posting came down on June 18th and I was scheduled for an interview the next day. They do all their communication through e-mail!

AnthonyM757 Thanks this.
  7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    My status. Applied 3-20. Got a call for my interview in April for start of may. Interviewed on May 8. My status here so far. My status went from pre hire list, pre screening, two weeks ago to hiring list. They told me they put out two hiring phases I applied on the 2nd one and they were still going through the first list. So depending on where your at it could be quick or it could be a looonnnnggg process like me. Hopefully I'm still in the running. They haven't put out another hiring ad since I've applied. They do everything by email I did background by email but they called me for interview. Just don't quit your current job until they officially hire you.

Attached Files:

AnthonyM757 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  8. KG1989

KG1989 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    I applied for the tractor trailer driver in Chicago a couple months ago and they emailed me last week wanting to check my driving record. Is there a long process after that?

9. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Tolson is retired and is probably enjoying his retirement seeing the country. The process from the time you submit your application to actually starting can be anywhere from 2-6 months, but on average it's around 2-3 months.

We've had drivers who had to wait 6 months before they actually started. The whole hiring process is SLOW and TEDIOUS because you are going to be working as a Federal Employee. What @Radman mentioned about not quitting your job is good advice because you won't be OFFICIALLY hired until you attend orientation, which will be the beginning of your pay period.

10. Pveagle

Pveagle Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Hey Sho Nuff, two things signed my offer letter for a PTF position last week and took my pee test a week ago how long does it usually take for them to let you know when your first day will be.And #2 how much at how far apart are the Raise increments the first year.

11. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted