PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. AnthonyM757

AnthonyM757 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Did they tell you the timeline for pay increases??

Another thing I forgot to ask

2. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Thats sunday premium. You also get it saturday if your saturday shift goes into sunday morning.

Sho Nuff and AnthonyM757 Thank this.
  3. AnthonyM757

Sep 13, 2015
    Ahhh

Thanks..

The $5 extra an hour sound nice, but I'll be missing football :(:(

Sho Nuff and ClassB Thank this.
  4. AnthonyM757

Sep 13, 2015
    I might have to decline this Capitol heights position...

The surrounding area is super $$$$

With the pay starting out I don't want to pay anything over 1,100 a month... And everything in that range is right in the hood...

It sounded so good too, full time and their entire fleet are automatics...

Hopefully my current city will call me for an interview, I'm still on the pre-hire list..

Sho Nuff and ClassB Thank this.
  5. shadow7663

shadow7663 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Detroit, Mi
    Hey all. Thanks for the info on this thread. I had my Interview in Detroit 1 month ago today. Have not heard anything back yet. Should I be worried? Is there a website I can log into and see the status of my application?

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  6. KG1989

KG1989 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    I'm guessing that's normal because I accepted my job offer a month ago and haven't heard anything. Check your status on the post office website

7. AnthonyM757

Sep 13, 2015
    Yea u can check your status on the website..

I've gone from the hiring to selection list..

I have no idea what that means...

Wish sho nuff was here, I hope he's ok

shadow7663 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  8. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I'm still here, I just took a break from social media LOL. And I appreciate your concern. It's just that being the only Postal Driver on this thread that's trying to answer everybodys questions can be taxing at times, and I just needed a break. I'll still pop in now and there, but not as much as I use too.

Now, it seems that the main question that everybody seems to be asking about is "how long does it take to be hired" and the answer to that question is.....I have no clue :dontknow:

It can take anywhere from 2-6 months. No two Postal Facility operates the same way. One barn may have 20 PTF's and anouther may have zero. Anouther may have MVO's and anouther have all TTO's. Some may start you off at $21 an hour and anouther may start you off at $26. Anouther may start you off from day one with benefits (like my barn does), and anouther may start you off after 90 days. Some places may give you step level raises every 5 months, and anouther may be every 8 months....and so on and so forth.

Each Postal Facility has it's own separate contract with the Postal Service that separates it from anouther. So what happens at my barn is not gonna be the same as what will happen at anouther. There is no general rule of thumb that every Postal Facility has to abide by that determines how long it takes to be hired.

One thing I can mention is that it's absolutely RIDICULOUS how many applicants can't pass a drug test. I would say that most of the applicants that are not hired is not because they don't know how to drive, it's because they can't pass a drug test. If marijuana ever becomes legal nationwide, I think we're gonna have a REALLY big problem as far as driver shortage.

On a side note, I've been delivering a lot of birds and insects as of lately. Last week I delivered some African Killer Bees and some Crickets too. Crickets and birds I had no problems with, because I can stomp the hell out of them if they ever got loose (but not the baby birds though, they're too cute). But being in a trailer with Killer Bees definitely had me sweating a little bit :eek:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    @Sho Nuff i do appreciate all the wisdom youve contributed and even gave me more in sight on the post office. I understand. Just glad to have you around. Thanks again. :hello2:

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  10. AnthonyM757

Sep 13, 2015
    Thanks Sho nuff

Glad you're okay..

For a sec I thought something had happened to you

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted