PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Your not really bothering me. I actually admire your enthusiasm and go get 'em attitude for getting what you want. I really do hope you get that job in Norfolk.

Now here's how our pay system works. Full-time Career are guaranteed 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week. OT is paid after 8, and doubletime (or "V" time as we call it) is paid after 10. Extra days are paid time and half, and you also get double time if you go over 10 hours. Second extra is paid double time (or penalty pay as we call it). And anything over 60 hours is paid double time and half. Shift differential is paid between 6 pm and 6 am. And weekend premium pay (or Sunday Premium) starts on late Saturday (all depends on what time your tour starts) and all day Sunday. Now there may be variations to this rule, because I read from other Postal Drivers that they got paid double time after 10 or 48 hours, but nothing mentioned about being paid double time and half. So double time pay MAY be different at other locations.

Shaximat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Definitely couldn't have been only FCM at that length...considering the little mail we get for each plan after they say that.
    But they actually delayed mail (a full cage) the other day. Someone got an ear full.
    I worked 11hrs last night due poor managing. On top of machines being taken away. After 1230am this morning, its all OT. My 8+hrs today will be all OT. Ive learned zen like ways to cope and Im tellin you...its wonderful. Carefree. Might be my use of spotify and blow your ear drums out sound level...Idk, Im just a stupid PSE :D:D

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  4. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Your not a stupid PSE. We've all had to put in our dues and work our way up. Some move up quicker than others. It's just the crappy system that the Postal Service has. And yeah, you can fit FCM on a couple APC cages. Priority Mail is a different story though. We get full truckloads of that they go to our Priority Centers for sorting. Express Mail on the other hand is treated like "GOLD". There's nothing more important than Express Mail because that's a guaranteed service. You can NEVER.....EVER EVER be late on Express.

And by the way, it's absolutely WRONG what they're doing in the Clerk Craft. I don't know if you've been keeping up with the Union news, but they're gonna be filing A LOT of grievance's for them disregarding Union contract. So you MAY be getting A LOT of backpay in the future, because you should've been Full-time Career already.

ClassB Thanks this.
  5. canthinkofanotherusername

canthinkofanotherusername Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Well I guess it's official post office called today said start date is the 9/16.man it's gonna be a long two weeks

Mike2633 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  6. donald47129

donald47129 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2017
    AZNG is the railroad code for intermodel trailers for Amazon

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. donald47129

Aug 19, 2017
    Congrats! I did my interview and road test yesterday. All went well. I was told that I will be getting notified soon for the wiz quiz.

8. ClassB

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    That's true. That's all I was told. So was probably minimal mail for us to actually process. Which..it was.

Im not opposed to doing my time. But when they pamper these brand new PSEs, who would struggle to do anything without someone looking over their shoulder, I get #### on. Just worked back to back 12s because clerk Craft ;)
    Luckily I have today and tomorrow off or otherwise I wouldn't have been very happy.

I read the clerk section of that newsletter they send out, but I was unaware of that issue. Im fine with it. last year they had to pay all the retroactive pay. I thought our contract said 2.5 years, but wasnt sure if it was just PSEs at the time they redid the contract. Thats how a few got converted.

and my constant flow of "clerk work alone papers" gives me a nice bonus every once in a while (total of $75 thus far).

Im just not ready for a holiday every month. At least its not an election year again o_O

Mike2633 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  9. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    We had an Expeditor Clerk that recently retired. Spent over 35 years with the Postal Service and is retiring with a full pension and TSP. Never called out sick so he also gets a lump payout for 35 years worth of accumulated sick days (which was like getting a severance pay). He also gets his Military Pension and Social Security too. House was paid off 15 years ago and he was making WELL OVER $100k a year. He even mentioned that at one point, he worked 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a whole month. I asked him how much he made during that time and he wouldn't tell me. But it wasn't hard to figure out how much he made. Let's just say $20-25k wasn't out of the question. If he did that for a whole year, that's over $250k a year he would of made. HOLY ####!!!!

He also mentioned that he enjoyed his time with the Postal Service and was GLAD to FINALLY be retired because he didn't like the direction that the Clerk Craft was heading towards. Trump also had him nervous too. And with him being retired, so would his position too, because they immediately eliminated his position and never allowed it to go up for bid for the next Clerk that wanted it. They just filled his position with a PSE Clerk and it seems like anytime someone retired, they just eliminated the position, which is preventing A LOT of PSE's from turning Full-time Career. So yeah, it's not just your barn that this has been happening to. It's been happening everywhere. For some reason they seem to be attacking the Clerk's and Mail Handlers, which is a direct violation of Union Contract.

And as far as the MVS Craft, I'm not really looking forward to what's gonna happen in the next couple months. I like getting my OT just like the next guy and I maybe wrong on this, but from what I'm seeing, we're gonna be BOMBARDED with a MASSIVE amount of OT. We got Peak Season coming up soon and the Holidays is always a #### storm. And seeing how low the PSE TTO Position is going to pay, I don't how ANYBODY is going to want that position. It's going to be REAL GOOD for the Career Drivers who are looking for OT, but this may be an OVERLOAD though. Like I mentioned before, I really wouldn't be surprised if we had Drivers making over $200k.

Mike2633 and ClassB Thank this.
  10. donald47129

Aug 19, 2017

When I interviewed I was told that they have no PSE positions and do not intend to have any in the future. It was stated that he would hold new work and cover it with OT until they had enough to create another FT position. I was told that they current MVS staff is working tons of overtime and with the holidays rapidly approaching, that will not change soon. Fine with me. Just give me a start date.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. ClassB

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Thats what Ive seen them do. Someone leaves or retires, a PSE takes the place and no conversions happen. Luckily, I hear theres at least 6 or 7 retiring soon. And even the lowest man on the list got a job when they had to rebid starting sept 16th. I dont know what that !means for PSEs, but doesnt look like any unassigned regulars this time around.

I used to love my OT. 10hrs a day, 60hrs a week, forced to go home on Fridays. Now I could care less. With winter coming, Im alright with it. But what a waste of summer to be stuck inside.

Sho Nuff and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted