PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    PSE's in the Clerk Craft definitely have different rules than in the MVS Craft. You guys practically get unlimited OT as where the MVS Craft, your not allowed over 40. That's why the Career Clerks at my barn make over $100k. Some make over a $130k because of the massive amount of OT they're allowed to get. And with Peak Season coming up, it's going to be a complete MADHOUSE for us. Amazon loads are always filled to the Maxx and LITERALLY the loads will spill out of the trailers like a waterfall when the doors are open. And because of the massive amount of OT we get during the holidays, usually double time pay doesn't count during December. But it's only in December though.

Mike2633 and ClassB Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Here's a suggestion for you. New bids is also the same for us in September. Since you're near the top of the Seniority Board, if there's an Expeditor Position available, maybe bid on that position. You'll learn everything you'll need to know about the MVS Craft because you'll have to work with the drivers and dispatch. It's a good opportunity to learn how Trucking and Distribution works at the Postal Service and you'll learn all about our trucks and trailers. And you'll also be able to talk to the Drivers and Transportation and ask questions about your goals to move over to MVS. I'm personally thinking about getting off my P&D run and bidding on the Spotter Position so I can catch up on my beauty nap :biggrin_25518: lol . (Hey hey..no jokes :mad: :p :D)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Mike2633 and ClassB Thank this.
  4. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Ive been trying to get anywhere but automation for over a year (that isnt mornings). They have only asked me once and I cant do 7or 8am. Yet, they move PSEs who got hired with me and new ones around. I was never asked about tour 3 or tour 1, which I want. I know they have 2 veteran (military)PSEs on the dock for higher level, which I have no problem with. But then they threw in a random PSE, probably due to her constant arguments with multiple employees.

We were even told "you'll have to be trained on everything in the building". Wow. I can run automation machines and pitch letters/packages. Ive learned so much in over 2 years.

the one guy I know is a spotter seems happy with his job. Never talked to him, but hes always in a rush to get back to work :D

Was gonna ask you something, but I forgot now. I got CRS at age 27 :biggrin_2559:

Edit: wasnt a question. Just reread the newsletter and saw what you were saying. Idk how it didnt click when I read it. Good news everybody. Post Office admitted doing practices against the agreements. Now here is my shocked face:eek:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Not to interrupt the thread of conversation between the two of you but I recently put in for the MVO up here in the Boston area and got a pre-hire on the portal. I am going to be starting as a B I think and see if training for the A could happen at a later date in time.

What I am wondering is can you give me a synopsis of what a MVO straight truck driver would be doing? I was told that I would be getting some OT as well.

ClassB and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  6. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    There's no MVO's at my barn, so I'm not too familiar with them other than they are a Class B job using primarily the 7 ton and 11 ton straight trucks. @Shaximat might be able to answer your questions since his barn I think has MVO's.......Edit.....Post # 154 is not a 16 ton Straight Truck, that's an 11 ton. My bad, I haven't drove one of those in a long time. :confused:

And yes, MVO's can be trained to obtain their Class A and move up to a TTO Position. Read post # 269 which is our Union Contract that explains how MVO's can be trained to move up to a TTO.

Shaximat and JV_620 Thank this.
  7. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    As far as i anderstand (i work only five months) it all depens on how busy the area is. That is state, city, county. I work in brooklyn so a lot of drivers getting OT and we all work six day (unless you dont want to). We have abot 100 MVO drivers and 50 TTO drivers. As for duties, MVO drivers more or less do same job. You dont haul trailers but you still deliver mail everywhere from small stations to big processing centers. There is some drop and hook moves for TTO drivers which means we do not touch freight, but other than that it's all same.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  8. ClassB

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Not interrupting.

I know a few MVOs are my barn coming at like 3am, which is when us clerks are starting to finish up mail. Id be interested to hear what the MVOs do. Ive always assumed they just deliveres to the stations, but nothing to back up that claim

JV_620 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  9. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    What stations would you be referring to? Other smaller Post Offices? I wonder if they actually handle the mail itself, unlike the TTO's who are no touch.

Sho Nuff and ClassB Thank this.
  10. ClassB

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Yeah all the carrier mail and packages. I know they dont load the truck, mailhandlers do that. Im not sure who unloads it though.

JV_620 and Sho Nuff Thank this.
  11. canthinkofanotherusername

canthinkofanotherusername Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted