PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Lost in net

Lost in net Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2017
    What area are you in? I had an interview on on Wednesday in St. Louis, got the same kinda walk through with them, so I'm waiting on a response also, the lady interviewing stated that she also was not hired for her position until her fourth time trying so not to be discouraged if I wasn't hired this time. So now it's time to start watching the clock. They did however say that there was plenty of work to keep you busy, and if OT is after 30 hours I think I can make that work out also.

2. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    For PTF's, OT is after 8 and doubletime after 10. For PSE's, OT is after 40 hours (that's if you're allowed over 40). OT after 30 hours is when we had Nifty's, but that position was eliminated years ago.

Peak Season is right around the corner, so I think they're gonna try to get in all the new applicants as soon as possible (which in Postal terms is probably still too slow lol).
    Did your barn have a cookout on Wednesday? We had a barbeque all day long. Stuffed my face with burgers and hot dogs...burp. They even gave out ice cream too...burp...excuse me :p. I love my job :D

ClassB Thanks this.
  3. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    No cook out for us..thag Im aware of. last time we got food was christmas time. They gave use like a quarter of a sub (roughly size of hand) that they cut.

We lost a good buddy of mine and a PSE in a car crash friday (drunk driver fleeing police, ran stop sign and t boned his car). so its been a rough week, to say the least.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  4. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Sorry to hear that. I hope that guy gets what he deserves.

We also had a driver pass away a couple years ago. Nothing tragic, just from natural causes. He just didn't want to retire. The weird thing is, sometimes late at night, the lights in our dispatch office would turn on and off by itself. And the toilet would flush by itself too. Dispatch would just say don't worry about it, that's just John saying hello :biggrin_2554::biggrin_25526:. Anyways, my condolences.

ClassB Thanks this.
  5. ClassB

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks. Had to take a few days off for it. More than just a coworker.

On a lighter note...sitting outside. I see post office drivers in Ryder rentals...2 back to back. Is that whats coming? These were straight trucks though

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  6. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Ryder trucks are suppose to be strictly for the PSE's. They're not the new vehicles we're suppose to be getting. They use the rentals to cover the new work we're picking up from the Contract Carriers. We're not allowed to touch them either. Only if we're short on MVS vehicle's, due to breakdowns, are we allowed to use them.

I used one of the Ryder Tractors a couple days ago when my truck was being repaired. It was nice to shift gears again. I didn't realize how much I actually missed shifting gears until I got behind the wheel. We're suppose to be getting a whole new fleet of MVS vehicle's around 2019, from new Tractors, Straight Trucks, and MVS Trailers as well. Now whether they're going to have emissions on them, I'm not 100% sure on that, but most likely they will. All of the vehicles we have now are all pre emission.

Shaximat and ClassB Thank this.
  7. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Sorry for the slow reply---plans changed.

Yes, the new tractors are mostly Freightliner cascadias, some Volvos although i hear we are done with volvo (yay). And they are all brown---my guess is to save money on paint?

No, the uniforms have not changed.

but more importantly, what the heck is an " ANNUITANT HOLIDAY TRANSPTN ASST TTO?"

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  8. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    It basically means your a Seasonal Driver during Peak Season. Pay I think is around $18 an hour and you have to be available for any shifts too. I have no idea why the pay for Seasonal work is so low, but it MAY lead to a permanent position (PSE or PTF) since we're taking back a lot of runs from the Contractors.

9. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Seems like the process is slightly different everywhere. I applied online, received an MVR check email the following week, got called in for an interview the week after that. It was a one on one interview with fingerprinting at the end, was told to keep checking email. Job ####pit says pre-screening, not sure if all is looking well or not haha.

It's for a career PTF position so I have my fingers crossed. I was told there are around 110 full time drivers and about 16 PTF drivers, roughly 5-10 guys retiring every year. I like my current job alright but, I think this would be a great career move.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  10. ClassB

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    do they do anything like they do with PSE holiday help? As in..must call you back before hiring externally...

If so...might be a good way to get foot in door.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted