PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Indy seems like a pretty big terminal. I talked to a couple Sodrel HCR Drivers on this forum. I think @Daniel55645 was a former Sodrel Driver out of Indy who's working at Estes now. With 16 PTF's and 110 Full-time drivers, it MIGHT take you more than 2 years or more to turn Full-time. I don't know if that's something you're willing to do, but you will be getting step level raises, pension, TSP, accrued annual leave and sick days, etc., during that time you're waiting to turn Full-time. Good luck.
    Yeah, I think they do. Seasonal workers are already in the system. They're already trained on how to do the job, so it makes sense to use them first if a position does open up. And even if you applied for the Seasonal job, you MAY still be hired as a PSE or PTF. One of the new hiree's (Gordonfive03) applied for a Seasonal position last year and was hired as a PTF, so you can't really go by what they post on the job listings because they change things up all the time.

ClassB Thanks this.
  2. donald47129

donald47129 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Reported today for in-processing. Took Oath of Office, filled out some paperwork, reviewed some OSHA disclousures and Safety bulletins, had ID/Prox card issued and had a briefing by the Inspection Service.

3. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    We are getting those ryders too but all our drivers use them, although we dont have no PSE drivers as of now. And some drivers told me that those new black and runs that we take away from contractors will be only 6 hours paid. And even say to do not bid for it.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  4. Lost in net

Lost in net Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Ok, I went from pre hire to hiring list, anyone know what this means? Thx

5. mightytrucker

mightytrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2015
    I'm right in Boston. I sort of had a change a heart in the past week. If they were to offer me a position I think I will definitely take it.

6. mightytrucker

Dec 2, 2015
    He didn't answer me directly when I asked that question. He did say however that he had to fire some people for not passing a drug test and a few people are retiring. So fingers crossed it won't be too long.

7. mightytrucker

Dec 2, 2015
    Quick question, anyone know what offer phase (ext) means?
    I just got that update on my status

8. donald47129

Aug 19, 2017
    Hhhmmm.... ummm.... maybe you are gonna get an offer?

9. donald47129

Aug 19, 2017
    If you got an interview, chances are you will get the offer. They don't interview without intent. They only ask for a refferal list that is 3 persons for the first position and 1 additional for each additional position. They are pretty limited in what they can and can not do in the hiring process, especially where vets are involved. The rules are all online.

10. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Well...it looks like testing has already begun for the next generation of right hand drive delivery vehicles. Five manufacturers were previously selected to create prototype vehicles. Test sites in Arizona, Detroit and Northern Virginia have already been selected. Testing of the new vehicles will take place for about six months to see how practical and durable they are. After the tests have been completed, a vehicle manufacturer will be selected and plans for production will begin. Deployment should be sometime around January and March of 2020. Here's an example of one of the prototypes...

prototype1.jpg

Shaximat and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted