PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    Hey Sho Nuff, any updated info on when are we going to get new tractors? Talked to drivers in our barn, some say in november, some say sometime in 2018.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    It looks like your barn might be getting new Tractors sooner than ours. I know from talking to my head of transportation that we're suppose to be getting a whole new fleet of Tractors, 7 ton, 11 ton and MVS Trailers, all with the Postal Logo on them. For us, it's gonna be sometime in 2019, so I'm guessing it's gonna be different for each barn, since yours apparently are getting them sooner than ours.

Let us know what type of Tractors they are when you get them. Everything has been hush hush down at my barn.

Shaximat Thanks this.
  4. Shaximat

Shaximat Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2017
    Well, lets just say that your info much more accurate. But i will let you know if im wrong anyway.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  5. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
  6. KG1989

KG1989 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    When and what is considered “peak season” and #### it’s doubletime after 10??? Is it common that you’ll work 10’s?

7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Peak Season is November and December. And for PTF's, your hours will vary since you don't have bidded runs. So it's hard to say whether you'll go over 10 hours. Only Full-time Career are guaranteed 8 a day and 40 a week, and only Full-time Career are allowed sign up on the Overtime List. Our PTF's work 6 days a week and a lot of them do work over 10 hours a day. We even had one PTF work 7 days in a row and made about $400 for 8 hours of work in one day. And that's at beginning payrate too. If he was at top rate, that figure would be A LOT higher. He also gets paid doubletime and half for going over 60 hours as well. But each barn is different, so the amount of OT you'll get at your barn will vary.

8. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Got an unofficial notice about being converted today. From a union steward. No paper or what jobs available. This is clerk and unrelated to truck driving.

Im on my like 8th 12hr in less than 2 weeks. So can only imagine plenty of work for the MVS. Tomorrow is looking like 12 too. Only PSE that is happy to do it haaa

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  9. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    WOW!!! That's GREAT NEWS. It's about #### time. I'm not quite sure how the conversion process is in the Clerk Craft, but since we're both in the APWU Union, I would imagine it would be very similar. Usually in our Craft, once a notification of conversion is official, it can take up to a month or more before actually turning Full-time Career. But it looks like it's a DONE DEAL. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Woo Hoo! Hooray...

I think it's time for a celebration...

Skip that. Too cheesy. This is more like it...

Once again. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now think it's time to dance :D...

ClassB Thanks this.
  10. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    its usually 2 weeks or so...for the most recent ones. I just want the notification...ill gladly wait

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  11. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    USPS seems to be investing a lot into the next generation of delivery vehicles. Here is a prototype that the Workhorse Group (which is one of the five manufacturers selected to build prototypes for USPS) has made, which is an all electric vehicle...

workhorse-electric-truck-side.jpg
    workhorse-electric-truck-spy-shots.jpg

They're also designing drones too, which would primarily be used in remote or hard to reach rural areas. Or places that are protected by unfriendly dogs, road closures due to weather, and other uses as well...

workhorse-drone.jpg

And they're also creating an electric pickup truck. The helicopter is just a prototype that may or may not have any use...

Surefly-Drone-helicopter-full-workhorse-truck.jpg

Be on the lookout for a USPS prototype for a Hummers, Tesla, and a Ferrari too, in future.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted