PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    What the hell is going on?

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  2. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    It's called getting rid of the old and bringing in the new GOODIES :D.

And oh... they're also talking about having driverless vehicles as well. Nothing that's gonna affect the MVS Craft, "BUT"...it may affect the Letter Carriers though.

3. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Id like a non human try to deliver my mail...and any big apt building.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  4. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    It's already in the works. Both Letter Carriers Union (NALC and NRLC) are negotiating terms. From what I read, they're still gonna have ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS inside the vehicles.

5. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
  6. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    Do yu have the link where I can go to check my status on my application...Applied for driver in chicago

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    I'm not 100% sure, but your status should be on your account that you created when you applied for the position. Maybe some of the new hiree's on this thread can help you out. @KG1989 applied at the Chicago barn and his status changed from prehire to offer of employment phase, so he might be able to help you out, since you both apparently applied at the same barn.

8. KG1989

KG1989 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Your status is on the site. When you log into your account go over to the next tab and it should be another tab that will show your status

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  9. LTL2PO

LTL2PO Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2017
    @Shonuff do y’all have utility drivers. Besides the ptf

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  10. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Yes we do...or should I say we did. But not anymore, at least not at my barn. I know that position exists at other barns though.

Utility is considered an unassigned position, meaning you don't have a bid run, and it's listed as part of Full-time Career work and you basically cover Full-time Career drivers drop days. It's almost like being a PTF except your guaranteed 8 a day 40 a week. I always thought that position was called "unassigned" until @Shaximat explained to me that it's called Utility.

LTL2PO Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted