PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ClassB

ClassB Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Yeah...youre so cool now..

Hey @Sho Nuff thanks for your help. Start. Full time tomorrow (finally!). Just got 9.5 hrs left as a PSE (double time too).

Shaximat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Been awhile since I had last posted on this thread. I applied for the MVR position twice in Boston, both in August, but I have been sitting on the pre-hire list since 8/24.

Is this normal or should I try and reach out to someone via telephone call or some other way? Thanks..

4. Keack

Keack Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I am keeping the ball rolling, accepted the conditional job offer and now doing the 2nd background check and for check

5. AnthonyM757

AnthonyM757 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Reach out. If you look at the job description when you log in to check your status, there should be a contact email.

I've been on the pre-hire list for full time TTO since June. Apparently I'm in the Middle of 100 applicants because of my test score.

6. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Well I got a conditional offer, did my drug tests and am in the middle of the background check now.

I’m not quitting my current job until it is 100% for sure but, from what I hear a conditional offer is pretty much 100%. Wish me luck haha.

7. Keack

Keack Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Received an email about scheduling a time to be fingerprinted and filling out some paperwork! 1 step closer.

8. Keack

Keack Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Fingerprints done, now another background check.

9. AnthonyM757

AnthonyM757 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2015
    So after working here as a Holiday TTO..

I'm amazed on how far behind technologically USPS is compared with Amazon and FedEx.

I've been to so many old stations that still have furniture from the 50s...

Just EVERYTHING is outdated, even the way they schedule shifts.

I truly now understand why people want things privatized and out of the government's hands...

But don't get me wrong I like working here and would rather stay than go anywhere else.. but I'm just amazed at the inability to adapt and change here at USPS

10. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    Welp, sad to report that I have been officially ruled out of the two (2) Motor Vehicle Operator positions that I applied for back on August 24, and on August 29 earlier this year respectively. These two (2) positions were in Boston. As a side note, I was on the pre-hire list for 4 months waiting to hear one way or the other. I already have a Clean MVR, Class A permit, Class B CDL license and a great work record. In other words, there are no blemishes. Background check came back clean as well. I got a 94 on that 238-exam as well. And so, I sat and say and sat on the pre-hire list for 4 months thinking "...it just takes time. Don't worry, you will get your opportunity".

Also, as another side note, a long time 'who-I-thought-was a friend of mine' is actually the Transportation Director/Executive up there. I used to work with this guy for quite some time in my previous occupation. I contacted him back in August about the two openings and sought out his advice on how to go about the application and so forth. His advice to me was to be very fastidious, which I was. Crossed my T's and dotted my i's. I also got the impression from him that he would lend a helping hand throughout the application process. Well, suffice it to say, he has blown me off as well. Mind you, this was after a good conversation between himself and I in August and himself saying that "...I will call (so-and-so) in South Carolina to be on the lookout for your application". Nonetheless, I have wished him a very Happy New Year by telling him that I think that he is number 1 on no uncertain terms:biggrin_25516::biggrin_25516:..

Whatever the reason for going from the pre-hire list BACK to not selected is nothing more than a complete and utter disappointment. Sure, I may live 75 miles from Boston on the Cape, but I was willing and always am willing to do whatever it would have taken to become an MVO for the USPS. I think that I will move on from applying at the USPS now. Nothing against if it is what you really want. Just be prepared to wait, and wait and then wait some more, and even then, not get selected.

*Rant over*.

11. Keack

Keack Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Received the call today, orientation the 22nd!

speedyk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted