PSE Tractor Trailer Driver US Post Office

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    We have our own shop called the VMF that ONLY works on Federal vehicles. No contractors. Diesel mechanics only work on MVS vehicles (Tractors and MVS trailers) and automotive mechanics work on the letter carriers delivery vehicles. Leased trailers (common fleets) we don't touch because they have their own mechanics who do the repairs.

And Tractors should be Peterbilt's as well...from what I was told.

2. canthinkofanotherusername

canthinkofanotherusername Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Sorry to change the subject,but does anybody know if when you’re converted from ptf to regular does your hourly pay drop or stay the same thanks

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  3. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Yes it does drop. You lose the 10 holiday pay that was built into your payrate and you switch from hourly to salary. Salary is still based off of hourly pay...if that makes any sense.

Once you're regular, you get paid the 10 holiday pay whether you work on those days or not... whereas PTF's don't get paid holiday pay because it was built into you're payrate already. If you do work on the holidays, you basically get paid doubletime.

4. canthinkofanotherusername

Aug 31, 2017
  5. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    We'll see how contract negotiations go. If they do bump us up to Level 9, you'll jump up to $27 an hour. Just gotta see how negotiations go. This MAY be our toughest contract negotiations yet. White House is planning to reorganize Federal jobs...including us...and Trump wants to privatize the Post Office. We have about over 800,000 Union members from all 4 Unions, and got support from other Unions as well to prevent this from happening.

We'll see what happens.

6. canthinkofanotherusername

Aug 31, 2017
    Well that would be great that would get me closer to what I was making at my last job

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  7. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    I'm assuming you're about to turn regular. If you are...congrats. Once you're fulltime, you'll be able to sign up on the ODL list. OT is on a rotation basis...so the bottom man can get just as much OT as the senior man...unlike Teamster's where the top guys can hog up all the OT. OT also depends a lot on what tour your on too.

8. canthinkofanotherusername

Aug 31, 2017
    Yes I am thank you. We are short people now plus 2 more retiring in the next couple of months so getting overtime probably won’t be a problem

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  9. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Once again...congrats. I'm about ready to pickup my load now. On V time right now... another 14 hour day for me. And oh...by the way, did you ever get them Scottish skirts?...lol :D

10. canthinkofanotherusername

Aug 31, 2017
    No not yet I forgot about those I spent all my uniform allowance on other items.they keep bugging me about being in uniform even though we don’t go out in public,but I guess rules are rules

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted