PSP report inaccurate.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by J Rich, Oct 8, 2018.

1. J Rich

J Rich Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga
    So, I checked my PSP report the other day. I was amazed at what all was on there. I know I can file for the inaccuracy. Now there are accidents on the report that I was involved in, but I was NOT ticketed or charged with any thing. Is this right? There is a ticket on there for something like running a red light. But, that isn't what I was originally ticketed for. And I went to court and had that original charge dropped down to a "no points" offense.

So is this right? It looks really bad if you are trying to get hired somewhere, and they see all that. My MVR only has 1 incident from 2 years ago, and nothing else. I know the mvr is a lot different from the CSA/PSP.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Do the DATAQ process. If you have paperwork to prove your case and they're supposed to change some things. It's an extremely aggravating experience they have set up AND it all goes back to the officer that entered the data so getting him to rule against himself doesn't usually prove fruitful without great evidence.

I was cited in NY once for not having an NYHUT account. Even after explaining to him I was exempt he still issued a citation. After I got the dismissal paperwork from the Court I pulled my PSP only to find he entered the information that I was cited for being overweight! So not only was it a flat out lie but I also had a dismissal letter from the court and he still refused to change or remove anything at all.

I have found a way to move on that I can't put online. Let's just say I'm not associated with that record anymore. Anyway, good luck getting anything changed/removed because even with ironclad evidence they'll most likely ignore you and continue to taint your professional reputation until someone gets a lawyer involved.

There's some good information here on how they're SUPPOSED to handle tickets in the system:

https://csa.fmcsa.dot.gov/Documents/SMSMethodology.pdf

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    J Rich Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    If you were involved with a "crash" it is on there.

everything that happens with a road side, investigation and other things like tickets, it is on there.

The PSP report pulls data from the FMCSA reporting system for collection of crash and violations.

J Rich and brian991219 Thank this.
  5. J Rich

J Rich Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga

So, the one that has the incorrect charge I can hopefully get resolved.

But, the accidents cant be removed! Right? I don't think it said on the PSP that I was at fault. Does it automatically just assume I'm at fault? I didn't see a CSA score.

6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Not to hijack but how do you see this (your own report)? I'm a noob on this stuff.

Thanks......and good luck OP.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You can order yours. I think it cost $10. Pre-Employment Screening Program

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    CSA does not assign at fault or not at fault on accident. Doesn't matter whose fault and/or whether anyone was cited. It's just on there, That's one of the reasons that crashes were removed from public view on the csa site. Supposedly, the feds are going to fix it. Sure they will.

J Rich and DSK333 Thank this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    CSA only happens to be recorded as part of an inspection and it is more or less a carrier thing, psp is a driver thing and it records all events and incidents no matter if you are at fault or not.

J Rich and stillwurkin Thank this.
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    YOu don't get to see a score. You'll have to pull up the company profile and find your points for your inspection.

While the driver maintains records for 3 years. The points are only valid for 2 years as far as company csa is concerned.

J Rich Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.