Publix distribution centers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by The Challenger, Dec 3, 2008.

1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Anyone ever delivered to a publix DC? If so, I am interested to see how they handled you and how long it took.

Hunter

2. roadaholic

roadaholic Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2007
    New Port Richey, Florida
    I don't know about dry box stuff, but if you have perishables on, when you arrive close to your appointed time, you're given a door, you take your bills in and the activity (unloading) starts mo schosh! They don't mess around. Driver/Receiver interaction; Neutral.

3. miakica

miakica Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Great White North
    As far as Florida goes, Jacksonville and Orlando(or Lakeland, not sure) are OK.
    On the other hand, Deerfield Beach, a disaster. They got me to open the door, park, and than waited for 6 Hrs. When they finally got to it, stuff wasn't frozen anymore...

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, can you state which carriers you drive for?

Hunter

5. cluck-cluck

cluck-cluck Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2008
    walnut ridge, ar.
    Have had good luck in Lakeland and Jacksonville. For a grocery warehouse they are one of the best. But only been pulling food since mid-march.

WiseOne Thanks this.
  6. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    I drive for Werner...I delivered once to a Publix dc in Boyton Beach, FL...i was in and out in about an hour and a half only because they stopped for lunch heh

7. Johnny99

Johnny99 Johnny be Good

Nov 24, 2007
    Big Sandy Tenn
    I've delivered to the Sarasota warehouse a few times. Never had a problem, bump the dock, 1 1/2 hr later out the gate. I even got unloaded ahead of my appointment one time. Somebody with a 2 oclock apt was late. I had a 4 oclock. At 2:05 they put me in a door.

8. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Where's the Sarasota Publix warehouse? I know where the Kash & Karry use to be, but don't know the publix one. I use to live in Bradenton.

9. Johnny99

Johnny99 Johnny be Good

Nov 24, 2007
    Big Sandy Tenn
    You're really trying to stretch my memory in my feeble brain. If I remember right I got off 75 at Clark rd and went east aways and turned left onto the street it was on. I don't remember the name of the street but it was a dead end street.

10. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    I used to deliver to Publix right outside of Atlanta EVERY week and they were AWESOME. I would deliver all sorts of produce from California, Arizona, and Washington. They had a huge place to park and sleep while waiting on your time and were very decent. I would shop at a Publix every time IF they had one around where I live now. I have to admit, Publix was one of the best places I ever delivered to, period.

• Draft saved Draft deleted