Pulled off mileage guarentee for hometime?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by falldown7standup8, Nov 9, 2018.

1. falldown7standup8

falldown7standup8 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2018
    So we im team driving and on an amazon dedicated account. We have been out a month and are doing well. Our fleet manager said we are doing a great job. We were routed to terminal earlier this week for winter driving training. We talked to our fleet manager during that time to discuss pay etc... We are getting upgraded to otr status end of this month, but we need our hazmat for higher pay. I already did test was just waiting on paper for background. My buddy has to start his process. So we sent in our macros yesterday for time off 7 days in advance of when we wanted to start our hometime 15th, 16th, 17th. Three days. Enough time to get what we need to get done then we were planning on running until new years to get thanksgiving and christmas bonus. We recieved new load today showing trips on 15th, 16th, 17th. So i contact my fleet team and tell them about the situation. To make a long story short we got our home time but now we dont get a 5000 mile guarntee on the amazon account anymore? That seems like a punishment to me when we gave advance notice and even talked with our fleet manager in person earlier this week about our intentions. My plan is to i guess stick with them until january. December i will have 6 months otr and i want to go tanker. Should i look for a different job next week or stick it out until january then look for a tanker job? Secondly we have yet to hit 5000 miles with this company team driving having never refused a load and always on time. Im new to trucking.but something just feels off to me. My buddys loan also wasnt being paid for tuition and he had to call them to get it sorted out. We are getting 40 cents a mile with 2 cent safety bonus quarterly. After hazmat should be 44 cents. With the guarentee my take home is 697 a week. I do pay 90 a week for child support. Is there better out there for a new driver? Thinking would rather go solo as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    If you know where you want to go next fill out the application now they will tell you if you meet their requirements. If you don’t meet the requirements they should tell you what it will take to hire on. Why work somewhere you’re not happy.

tommymonza, kemosabi49 and towmantater Thank this.
  4. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    That's what I was thinking. And they're only taking home $700 each/week team driving? I mean I know they're new but ####.

Aamcotrans, Jazz1 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You are SPLITTING $.40/mile, correct? That’s extremely low. Add the hazmat and what do you have?

Low pay.

Aamcotrans and towmantater Thank this.
  6. towmantater

towmantater Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2018
    Gettin screwed with no lube is what they've got.

diesel drinker Thanks this.
  7. Zacgehret

Zacgehret Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Kilbourne il
    780 a week over the road that ain't right

8. falldown7standup8

falldown7standup8 Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Thanks for the advice guys. We are 40 cents a mile each split miles. It just makes me mad they took us off a guarentee for hometime when we have been doing a good job. Im going to look for something different when i get home. My co driver wants to keep working for them and see how it pans out but im not so sure.

austinmike Thanks this.
  9. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    What company is this?

10. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    I believe the company is SHAFTTHE DRIVER EXPRESS

Aamcotrans, Vic Firth and towmantater Thank this.
  11. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    I'm getting hemorrhoids just reading this. I hope these guys are getting free boxes of preparation H, they're going to need it. Really? .40 for a team? That ought to be illegal!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.