pulled over with expired medical card.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by RoadRanger^^, Nov 5, 2022.

1. RoadRanger^^

RoadRanger^^ Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Hello to everyone. Yesterday i just got pulled over in Ohio with expired medical card, i knew that it expired on september but for some reason i completely forgot ( my bad no excuse). the officer did level 2 inspection everything worked well but my reverse light and at the end be brought my paperwork back and he said, excuse me sir do you have medical card and i was like yes officer and showed the one that i have, and he was like i can see that one but do u have updated one ? i got so scared ans lost and i said i don’t know, he laughed he was like what do u mean u don’t know, and i realized that i don’t have updated one. He went back in the truck he gave me violation for light and violation for medical card and told me to get new one asap cause they will downgrade my cdl. He didn’t put me out of service neither ticket only violation. What are the consequences from this violation, i know if it was ticked i had to go on court and who knows maybe license suspend for some time. Please let me know, btw i have my new medical card same day

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Driver fitness SMS for the carrier. If you're a driver or leased to a carrier, pretty poor record keeping for them.

48Packard, Siinman, Magoo1968 and 5 others Thank this.
  4. RoadRanger^^

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Actually i own the company and i’m new into this owning a company but like i said no excuse i should have get my certificate on time. What can happend next is there something that i have to be scared like license suspension ?

5. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Most DOT cops will put you out of service.
    Get your physical today.

6. RoadRanger^^

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    I got my physicals yesterday same day. Hopefully everything will be okay and this will never happend again

7. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    As long as the state accepts it and acknowledges the new med card expiration date their shouldn’t be any issue. Many states keep the records on their website portal that you can verify yourself. If not, it’s worth contacting them to have them acknowledge the new date.

8. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Make sure it is attached to your license.
    Texas has an app you can check

9. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Yes, always, always, ALWAYS!!! go on your state's DMV website and verify your new medical SAS uploaded and tagged to your license.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'm sure glad they make having the medical a pre-requisite to even having your license card printed and issued here. No medical form, no license renewal. License and medical expire at the same time.

Seems like a huge PITA to try and remember something that expires at a different time than your license.

11. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    Last time I forgot to get new medcard I got a letter in the mail that my cdl was no longer valid

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.