Q for Schneider drivers about NE runs

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by brettw77777, Feb 12, 2021.

1. brettw77777

brettw77777 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2019
    So had a long talk with Schneider yesterday and they would like to hire me and I was very interested in their home run program where you're out 2 weeks and home a week. Everything sounds good and I did some reviews online from other drivers including drivers in my area which is close to Charlotte North Carolina. Several drivers said they went to the Northeast too much. I don't know how much too much is so I would love to hear from another OTR Schneider driver who starts a similar distance from The Northeast to give me an idea of how often you really go there and how bad it is. I've been to the Northeast a few times with my current company but never New York City. In fact, I've never even been in the city of Philadelphia or Boston. Would Schneider let me refuse runs to New York City without getting on someone's crap list. Between the traffic and the parking and worst of all, the potential to take a wrong turn and get a ticket, I just ain't crazy about this idea if I have to live a stressful life. Thx!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Wait until you have the option of missing a turn and going into a foreign country.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    some drivers are skeerdy cats.

i live up here in New England, and when i'd be down south at the company's home terminal, too many cry-baby southerners would cry a river of crocodile tears about going up north, either in the winter, spring, summer, or fall.

i said to the dispatcher...."GREAT, gimme them loads, and turn me quick, i gotta make money"..

and back then, i did, and it was not uncommon to run "up to" 4,000 miles a week, while the skeerdy cats continued to cry, cuz they were staying at home too much.

the company i worked for, hauled from ALL the major tobacco companies down south, and the liquor/spirits companies out of Kentucky

bzinger, brettw77777 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. Okbrowne

Okbrowne Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2021
    Lol it’s a long way to Boston rolling north on 95 think they write songs about it lol go south never north in less you are really experienced Cause ya will get in a accident or just be in high stress mode ever time ya leave the truck stop there is a reason they need driver for those routes lol just saying Good luck

brettw77777 Thanks this.
  6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    4000 miles on an elog in a 63 mile an hour truck running in north east.You have a pretty wild imagination

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    uh....we did not have elogs back then.....

i had even said....."back then"

make sure in the future, you ask before you speak.

8. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Northeast isn't bad, of course I run at night when I can. People make a big deal over nothing, I hit just as much traffic in New England as I do in St. Louis and Houston

650cat425 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    the northeast is garbage, i know, ive lived there. the stress of the traffic and crap roads will kill you or your health. these super truckers that act like they are better because they run the northeast are clueless. most of them have no choice, they live there, those fools have to defend it. making drivers feel like they are "less" or "scared" is how they con drivers into going to that garbage hole. just talk to a driver from boston, jersey or philly, 'most of them are mental.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    drvrtech77 and brettw77777 Thank this.
  10. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Yes St Louis or Houston has lots of traffic but your comparison of 2 cities against a whole region.NE isn’t pleasant to run to congestion very limited truck parking a lot of tight maneuvering for p/u and delivering.I’m not sure who some on here are trying to kid NE compared to other regions are by far the worst

11. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    There's literally traffic and congestion everywhere you go. How bout Chicago, Baltimore, Charlotte, Jacksonville, need I go on? I've been running out to New England for the past year and yes the traffic does suck at times, but I do this thing called "trip planning" and have never once had any issues getting places on time for appointments or finding parking. Obviously nothing I tell you will change your mind so I'll just leave it at that

650cat425, Opus and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.