Quality carriers affiliate Gulf Coast Express Carriers, avoid like the plague

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by LazyEddie, Feb 13, 2017.

1. LazyEddie

LazyEddie Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Avoid quality carriers, especially this "affiliate" of theirs GCEC , I applied to QC ,5 months ago, going on past experiences and info I had from drivers 10+years ago. I applied and was hired as a company driver , despite being pressured to become a "lease operator". I thought I was being hired by QC, not Gulf Coast Express Carriers, gcec has 6 or so terminals across Georgia into Texas , the worst is 830, Houston . There is a culture of disrespect shown toward the drivers, the loads , paid %, 25 to company drivers or 64% to o/o's( read lease operators. Are crap low paying loads that the terminal managers shave revenue off of to increase their terminals weekly quota. If you can get up out of their clutches , I've gotten great high paying loads and been treated with the utmost respect at other QC terminals and affiliates(NOT Gulf coast express carriers) if you do get away for a week they tell QC's backhaul dispatch to get you back so they can use your hours running crap local and regional loads that only earn you about $110 a day.I LEFT A JOB PAYING 210 A Day just so I could get back to hauling tank, PLUS I BELIEVED THE GARBAGE I WAS BEING FED I was told what to expect earnings wise by the terminal mgr. , no way they even come close. If I stay,which I won't, I'm on track to only earn 38,000 to 42,000 .THOSE ARE ENTRY LEVEL IDIOT WAGES. I have 25+yrs clean, and 13 with tanker. These people are to be avoided ,I you want to keep your self-respect

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Ya live and ya learn dawg

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Once again the dirty south lives up to its name.

5. supremegod

supremegod Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    YOU ARE 100% RIGHT AND THERE A BUNCH OF LYING ##### OVER THERE GREEDY AND A BUCH OF DRUG HEADS

6. Moneygrowz

Moneygrowz Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2020
    That’s crazy because ive been here two months and that is exactly what I’m experiencing. My checks are less than they should be and i dont have taxes taken out because i cant afford to. Im not getting paid what i was told at interview barely making half. I haven’t been paid this horribly since i started my driving career.

7. supremegod

supremegod Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    QUALITY CARRIERS SUCKS GET AWAY FROM THEM THERE CROOKS WITH A CAPITOL A. bottom feeder I left them back in 18 there turnover is over the roof and to the window plus the office and payroll see who can rob and steal more from the drivers count your change or they will

8. Mattmanstroked

Mattmanstroked Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I know two guys who left the company I work for and went to Qualify Carriers. One is company driver, other owner operator. They both like working for Quality.

They pull the same load as we do. Company driver gets more and the owner operator gets more than what my company pays.

Management makes a huge difference

9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Big problem is that they have some franchised terminals called Affiliate Terminals. They are under the QC umbrella for safety and use some of the corporate trailer pool, but the pay, bennies, etc can vary widely between those terminals.

Orange713 and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.