Quality Carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Truckin' 18, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Truckin' 18

Truckin' 18 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Anyone have any info on Quality Carriers? I'm planning a move to NE Florida in less than half a year and I see they've been running ads for local, regional and OTR in Jacksonville.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pete 386

Pete 386 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2012
    That might be for our Riceboro, GA terminal.
    I've pulled loads out of that terminal.
    I'm pretty sure they need drivers.
    I stayed busy...10k+ miles / month

4. Truckin' 18

Truckin' 18 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I'm looking for local work (maybe regional if the hometime is right). If that's the case do you think i'd have to start my day in Riceboro or in the Jacksonville area? Riceboro is nowhere near Jax but Jacksonville is where they're running the ad.

5. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    depends on if it's with a fleet owner leased to QC or a company driver position. QC is a decent company,but you have to be careful otherwise.

6. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    I'm an O-O , running for QC out of Chattanooga . Run long, for the most part. I occasionally get a load from Cedar Rapids to Palatka ,Fl. Loaded for Riceboro once or twice. They have loads out of Savanna . I talked once to an O-O who runs out of Tampa. He was loading out of Houston , to Fl.
    QC has quite a few terminals in the SE area , and from the little I know of their operations , they have quite a bit of short loads . QC has a strange terminal setup. That being said , you might find it a good fit for you. I would talk to the Terminal manager , if you respond to their ad , and see if it fits well with what you want to do.

7. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2009
    texas
    My Dad drives for a company that has been leased to QC for over thirty years. He always tells people to find a company that is leased to them instead of driving for QC directly. He likes where he is, he's been there for 26 years. FWIW...

8. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    QC advertises itself as 100% O-O co. Or did. If you work for QC , you are either an O-O , or are hired as a company driver by an O-O. Here's the strange thing : almost all terminals are privately owned. You " buy " your term from QC . For example all the Ga terminals , except one , I think , are " Owned " by the same guy. He then , is the O-O . He can have as many trucks on as he wants. He will buy a truck , then hires a driver . You work for him.
    This allows QC to claim they are 100% O-O.
    They hire single O-O's too. And you lease to QC . But, you work out of a single terminal. Some terminals share loads , some wont share a load unless they absolutely know they can't cover it themselves, with one of " Their " O-O's or Company drivers .
    hope this helps.

Buzzard2157 Thanks this.
  9. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2009
    texas
    Also, the terminals aren't, in most cases, in charge of hiring drivers. The applicant chooses the terminal they want to work at, but corporate decides if they get hired.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.