Quebec Company (Carrier) owes me money

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by haider99, Dec 22, 2018.

1. haider99

haider99 Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Hey all,

There is a transport carrier based out of Quebec that owe me around $2000. I run my own numbers and I did a lot of loads for them, and they paid everything except this $2000 which is for 3 invoices. They are now making excuses when and if they pick-up my phone. I would like to know what are my options to get this money from them?

Please help out.

Thank you
    Happy Holidays!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    I assume your not a company driver, so the labour board is no help. I’m thinking sueing them.

4. canadian

canadian Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Surrey, British Columbia
    You took the risk of not getting money up front and now you're upside down for $3k
    When meeting a new customer a simple four word rule always applies: SHOW ME THE MONEY!

EddieK Thanks this.
  5. Onemanshow

Onemanshow Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    richmond hill on
    Talk tobtheir carrier relationship department. That help me get one issue sorted out with traffictech

6. easy roller22

easy roller22 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Find a good factoring company. They usually charge 3% per invoice, but they will get your money without you going through the headaches. I just had a customer go over 70 days before settling with the factoring company but I had got paid the day after the invoice was submitted for factoring. My factoring company handles all of the invoicing and kept in communication with me until the invoice was settled. Well worth the 3%.

7. easy roller22

easy roller22 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2018
    One option is to join a good load board. I prefer DAT Power Load Board. I don't know if DAT is available in canada, but it is well worth the $149 per month subscription. This load board allows you to click on a broker's mc number, (which is listed next to the broker's name) and see who they have their bond with. The bond company's phone number is listed and you can call and file against the broker's bond.

8. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Go to small claims court. You can get a judgement in your favor. But it's up to you to collect, the court won't do that for you. So have a lien placed on the company owners home. You'll get you money.

9. haider99

Mar 19, 2014
    ^ I did that once where the business was based on Ontario. However, since thus company is based in Quebec, is there going to be anything different?

Also, I would like to send their consignee/shippers notices as well but they are large and I dont know where to send it to. There is Ryder freight management in the loop aswell.

10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Baxter & Bailey
    I've had to use them one time. It was a $1200 invoice I think. Collected $200 and change. Same thing. Carrier had a load I hauled it for them, kept getting run around and finally "I have no idea when you will be paid." Sold it to b&b after 90 (?) days. Collected on it some time beyond that. Now I occasionaly do the same loads for one of 2 other reputable people. Live and learn. Keep new customers on very short leash. Always.

11. haider99

Mar 19, 2014
    So they took away around $1000?

I have 3 invoices outstanding totalling $2100.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.